Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

How to capture composite video input with Pinnacle PCTV MediaCenter 300i? No audio with TVCenter 5.4.0.3032, no support with TVCenter 6.2.0.459

Last post 05-24-2010, 15:11 by ostbey. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-24-2010, 13:07 401373

How to capture composite video input with Pinnacle PCTV MediaCenter 300i? No audio with TVCenter 5.4.0.3032, no support with TVCenter 6.2.0.459

I am trying to capture videos with my Pinnacle PCTV MediaCenter 300i PCI card.

Actually I want to make recordings from a digital satellite tuner set-top box with only analog output (SCART), because my VHS tape recorder is falling apart and because the recordings can then be viewed via home network anywhere in the house, not only on the TV in the living room where the VHS tape recorder is located, e.g. when my wife is watching something else on the TV, I can still sit next to her and watch a recording on my netbook.

I tried TVCenter version 6.2.0.459, but it does not support the analog inputs (composite video, S-video) of my card.

So I tried TVCenter version 5.4.0.3032, where recording from the composite video input works.

However, the recordings have no audio (I feed the audio into the built-in sound card of my PC), even though I have configured TVCenter Pro accordingly:

Tab "Audio" in the configuration menu, box "Analog audio input": "Installed TV tuner hardware": "PCTV 300i Composite", "Realtek HD Audio rear input"; "TV playback input": "Line-In" and "Sound recording input": "Line-In".

What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing?

When I am just viewing (not recording) the video from the composite input, I do have audio via the built-in soundcard (but the volume control in TVCenter has no effect - only the volume control in the Windows task bar has).

When I play back a recording, the sound is missing completely (not just very very soft).

Are there any other ways to do this?

•  05-24-2010, 15:11 401400 in reply to 401373

Re: How to capture composite video input with Pinnacle PCTV MediaCenter 300i? No audio with TVCenter 5.4.0.3032, no support with TVCenter 6.2.0.459

Found the answer:

I was stupid - the input volume control for "Line-In" was set to zero (I had done this a long time ago and then forgotten about it!).

Now everything seems to work fine!

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy