Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

ShowCenter 250 HD UPnP problem w/ Synology Diskstation

Last post 04-04-2010, 14:52 by paul84043. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-04-2010, 14:52 392457

ShowCenter 250 HD UPnP problem w/ Synology Diskstation

I realize that this product is basically abandoned, but I'm having trouble, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

I use my ShowCenter(s) for streaming media to my TV off of a Synology DIskstation DS508.  I have used this method for about 3 years with no major problems.

A few weeks ago, I did a firmware update on my DS508 and now my media, particular movies, does not index correctly.  When I select the starting VOB file, it jumps ahead two or three files and I have to back up to get the correct one. If the video doesn't have three or four VOB files, it will jump past the end somewhat erroneously and getting back can be pretty tricky.  This is the case with some of my wife's exercise videos that are fairly short.  This is repeatable with both of my 250HD's and my 200 as well.

I have started a trouble ticket with Synology and have had them access my DiskStation several times, but they say that they cannot determine the cause of the issue, and that they have had a few others with showcenter problems, and that it ultimately turns out to be a PInnacle indexing issue.

I have issues with Synology's stanpoint because my ShowCenters have always worked okay.  They contend that it has stopped working because they "tightened up" their code and that certain issues that may have slipped by in the past will not now.

Now to be fair to Synology, I borrowed a PS3 from a friend to verify my problem and it works perfectly, so the issue does appear to be in how the Pinnacle and the Synology products communicate.  I have always had some quirks with the ShowCenter, but never enough to want to shove them off the back dock.  I have had video/audio divergence problems from day one, but we are all familiar with it and how to work around it.

I am running the latest firmware (2008) on my ShowCenters. 

I know that these are no longer a current product, or as far as I can tell, they're not.  It's too bad, because they have so much potential to be a great device, but they never evolved beyond even 10mb ethernet...

Am I just out of luck, or is there someone with Pinnacle that might be willing to look into the problem?

Thanks.

PaulM

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy