Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Old version of Studio. Studio 9 Quick start not ripping dvd's and their highly unstable.

Last post 12-23-2009, 4:53 by SyncroScales. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-19-2009, 22:49 363714

Old version of Studio. Studio 9 Quick start not ripping dvd's and their highly unstable.

I think I'll post this in two boards, since I don't know where to put this thread. I don't mean to overdo it. The other one is in the Studio - Capture. A moderator can close one of my messages if desired.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430, Computer: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, (768MB) 250GB SATA RAM, Program: Studio 9 Quick Start version 9.4.3.7 (upgrade patch installed), Dazzle 150.

My question is about Studio 9 Quick Start. I am in the process of reading the instruction manual, and I have shorter-term plans to up my memory and RAM on my computer (to start). Please bear with me.

How do I rip my dvd's to make digital copies of them, and so I can watch them in my portable device? In the box when I bought the product, it said I can do this. This was one of the reasons I bought the product, since it was a legitimate way (and safe) to archive my dvd's, vhs tapes, personal footage, etc and learn how to use video editing software.

In the help file it says to: Go to File: and Import Dvd titles to import from DVD's into Mpeg2. I did that but: Most dvd's have no sound and the files are highly unstable. My system often freeezes and crashes.

When I try to preview the clip it usually doesn't work , there's pop-ups or my system crashes. Pop-ups tell me to submit my passport and serial number since I apparently have to upgrade to Studio 9 Plus - premium content. I even filled it all in, and clicked submit. The pop-up just keeps popping up. It doesn't even go to the pinnacle web-site or a products page. I have tried to see how far the purchase of an upgrade goes (It's 19.99), I'm broke right now, or I'm told to upgrade to Studio 14. I was damn sure on the box it said it was the full version of Studio 9 (I checked this repeatedly, or wouldn't have bought it).

I bought this program way back in April 2007. I never ended up using it. Too busy with work and life. This year I finally am making the moves to use the program and learn it. On the box I swear it said it was the Premium version and I have been frustrated that I never got that. I know it's been a long time. Any help would be appriciated.

I can use what I have to copy my vhs tapes and the 8mm footage I have. I really don't want to manually have to copy my dvd's. That would be a nightmare. I also got the Hollywood EFX 5.5.6 Basic version I got for free. There is a lot I can use and learn, but an important feature is not here.

I have my Serial Number (it starts with a J), Passport, the MPEG2 Unlock is done, and the serial number for FX Basic for studio.

Thank you.

Brian

•  12-20-2009, 17:07 363945 in reply to 363714

Re: Old version of Studio. Studio 9 Quick start not ripping dvd's and their highly unstable.

•  12-23-2009, 4:53 364729 in reply to 363945

Re: Old version of Studio. Studio 9 Quick start not ripping dvd's and their highly unstable.

I went through all 18 pages. I found nothing. Unless I meissed it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy