Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Mercalli stabilizer Plugin - Installed...Now What?

Last post 11-30-2009, 17:35 by LewS. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-26-2009, 19:49 357361

Mercalli stabilizer Plugin - Installed...Now What?

I installed the Mercalli trial and afterwards searched the effects/plug-ins bin and found nothing?

I tried to search ProDad's site for information but found nothing.  Has anyone else experienced this?

John
  •  11-26-2009, 22:09 357365 in reply to 357361

Re: Mercalli stabilizer Plugin - Installed...Now What?

Did you install into Liquid's plug-in directory? Just to verify, in which directory did you install it?
  •  11-28-2009, 22:21 357719 in reply to 357365

Dave,

I double checked and it is installed in the Avid plug-ins folder.  Is there a way to manually add a plug-in?  I thought there was an import plug-ins feature that I used before.  Am I dreaming?

Thanks,

John

•  11-29-2009, 9:29 357834 in reply to 357719

It should be in the RTFx folder under the Plugins folder.
  •  11-29-2009, 10:16 357847 in reply to 357834

Dave,

That is strange because I have Mercalli installed in a seperate Pro-dad folder - when I drag the filter onto the timeline clip from this folder, I can then 'Edit' the filter.

On a similar subject, although there is a 'Stabilise' filter within AL7.2, there is a better filter called 'Stabilise' in Studio14 - is it possible to substitute the .fex file?

Alan

•  11-29-2009, 20:40 357960 in reply to 357847

All sub-directories of RTFx are searched for effects, as are all of the directories (and subdirectories) specified in the Control Panel->Site->Plug-Ins list. So all you do is specify the top-level directory from which to start the search. I have all of my VirtualDub filters in a VDub subdirectory under the RTFx directory.

As I mentioned in another thread, filters designed for Liquid may work for Studio 10 and later. Filters designed for Studio 10 and later may work for Liquid. A well-written filter will work for both, but not all filters were written with portability in mind.

•  11-30-2009, 8:15 358119 in reply to 357847

Alan,

Have you ever gotten the Stabilise filter in AL7.2 to do anything good for you.  I've tried it a couple of times  (on sports video) and the results are always worse, than the original clip.  What kinds of video have you had good results on.

Thanks,

-Craig

alan wells:

On a similar subject, although there is a 'Stabilise' filter within AL7.2, there is a better filter called 'Stabilise' in Studio14 - is it possible to substitute the .fex file?

Alan

•  11-30-2009, 8:58 358138 in reply to 358119

Craig,

I haven't had any success with AL7.2 stabilise. I thought that Mercalli was good but when I used the Studio14 Stabilise, I found it excellent. Perhaps Avid have used this stabilise in MC - perhaps the other way round, but it is very good. I don't have a great deal of use for Stabilise except for older footage or where a tripod is not useable.

•  11-30-2009, 15:54 358275 in reply to 357960

Dave,

I moved the ProDad folder to the RTFX directory and had no luck.  Could you verify the contents of your Mercalli folder?  I've got a bunch of DLLs and exe's in mine.

John

•  11-30-2009, 17:35 358300 in reply to 358275

You are doing something very wrong. Did you run the installer and tell it to install in Liquid? You should not be moving files and there should not be a ProDAD folder under the RTFx folder. The installer for Mercalli (and all ProDAD plugins) will install the correct xml and fex files into the RTFx directory. For Mercalli those are called prodad-mercalli.fex and prodad-mercalli.xml. Also installed along with Mercalli are the VideoShaker xml and fex files. That's all the files that should be installed. No DLL's or EXE's or anything else. You are not installing the plugin correctly. It actually sounds like you are trying to install the Studio version and that will not work with Liquid.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy