Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

TmpGenc AW4 Users, I need Help.

Last post 11-30-2009, 8:08 by cgoudie. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-25-2009, 8:12 357013

TmpGenc AW4 Users, I need Help.

I'm using an HDV timeline.  I have AW4.  I want to use the output from liquid as input for AW4 to make Blu-ray disks with 5.1 surround.

My issue is that my saved output from Liquid (fusing) generates an MV2 file (HD video) which imports fine into AW4, but which apparently has no audio stored in it (at least that's what AW4 says).  My audio is output from liquid as separate .wav files (PCM) for front right, front left, rear right, rear left.  AW4 wants a single encoded 5.1 file of some kind. So the question for you AW4 guys is what's your work flow to get from an HD timeline in liquid to a BD with 5.1 using AW4? 

Thanks,

-Craig

•  11-25-2009, 10:56 357047 in reply to 357013

Re: TmpGenc AW4 Users, I need Help.

In my version of TAW4, I have 5 different settings for importing audio, multiformat is the one in the bottom when you scroll down
  •  11-25-2009, 15:25 357114 in reply to 357047

OK, my TAW4 also has multiformat.  That's not what I'm asking.  The real question is what 5.1 audio file type do you output from Liquid (and how do you get that file type out of liquid) to input into TAW4 multiformat?

Thanks,

-Craig

mjolnarn:
    In my version of TAW4, I have 5 different settings for importing audio, multiformat is the one in the bottom when you scroll down

•  11-25-2009, 17:35 357150 in reply to 357114

Basically, you have Liquid generate the DVD files using the settings for Dolby 5.1 but do not burn, You then locate within the rendered files and rename the .aud file to .ac3 and import into the authoring app.
  •  11-25-2009, 19:19 357157 in reply to 357150

Another way is to use the latest version of Audacity. It can export 5.1 channel audio in a number of CODECs, including PCM (.WAV). You have to enable this on the Edit->Preferences->Import/Export dialog. Once that's turned on, when you export to a file it will display a track to channel mapping dialog. For both AC3 and PCM the channel mapping is:

1 -> Left Front
    2 -> Right Front
    3 -> Center
    4 -> LFE
    5 -> Left Rear
    6 -> Right Rear

You should be able to import this into the authoring app. Please note that you require an optional library for AC3 support. I'd try the .WAV file first just to see what happens. I'm still playing around with multi-channel output in Audacity myself, so I can't make guarantees.

•  11-30-2009, 8:04 358112 in reply to 357150

Sweet! Perfect, thanks,

I also discovered you can use the export>windows media files>audio only>High quality 5.1 surround sound

to produce a wma file that TAW4 will take.

TVJohn:
    Basically, you have Liquid generate the DVD files using the settings for Dolby 5.1 but do not burn, You then locate within the rendered files and rename the .aud file to .ac3 and import into the authoring app.

•  11-30-2009, 8:08 358115 in reply to 357157

Again,sweet!  I'll try the Audacity stuff. I use audacity a lot.  I must have my output mapping bus wrong because it gives me 8 .wav files instead of 6.  Is the default mapping correct, and if so, what is the default (since I've changed it).

Again, thanks Dave,

-Craig

DStone:

Another way is to use the latest version of Audacity. It can export 5.1 channel audio in a number of CODECs, including PCM (.WAV). You have to enable this on the Edit->Preferences->Import/Export dialog. Once that's turned on, when you export to a file it will display a track to channel mapping dialog. For both AC3 and PCM the channel mapping is:

1 -> Left Front
    2 -> Right Front
    3 -> Center
    4 -> LFE
    5 -> Left Rear
    6 -> Right Rear

You should be able to import this into the authoring app. Please note that you require an optional library for AC3 support. I'd try the .WAV file first just to see what happens. I'm still playing around with multi-channel output in Audacity myself, so I can't make guarantees.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy