Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Liquid will not export/exports blank files

Last post 09-07-2009, 7:55 by LewS. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-04-2009, 9:05 335574

Liquid will not export/exports blank files

I have a client who needs a video immediately, and suddenly my version of Liquid will not export anything.

I have tried every file format.  The computer either says that it is starting the export and then does nothing (the box goes away, no file is created) or it creates a file, but that file is zero KB and when you open it, it is blank.

When I attempted to export to a DVD, it gave me the error message:

Export failure (render error)

0/109415 @ 00:00:00:00 [00:00:00:00- 01:00:47.05]

c:\documents and settings\mary\my documents\avid liquid\data\render/score

742d0270\dvd\newbiz\temp\newbiz.m2v

I should be running Liquid 7.2 (it says so on startup) but I admit I had some severe problems with the upgrade that my husband fixed and I don't know what he may have done to solve that problem.

My OS is Windows XP, service pack 3.  

•  09-07-2009, 2:39 335980 in reply to 335574

AW: Liquid will not export/exports blank files

First go to position 01:00:47.05 and maginfy that region. Maybe there's a single frame cutoff on any track and Liquid doesn't find media for that clip. This could be caused by referring to media on removable media. Delete then the clip. If that's not the reason. Try to fuse the sequence. If it works, put the fused clip in a new sequence and export then that sequence. It it doesn't work, divide the sequence into two halfs and try to export both halfs. If one fails, you know where to search for the cause. Divide the broken part again into two halfs.. That way you can rather quick find out where the error sits exactly.

If nothing works: Check if the render path directs to a valid location and make sure there's enough free space available. Better check that at first. 

•  09-07-2009, 2:56 335982 in reply to 335980

Re: AW: Liquid will not export/exports blank files

Hans, i think that this:

c:\documents and settings\mary\my documents\avid liquid\data\render/score

is one of the probs, the render folder seems to be located on the bootdrive

•  09-07-2009, 6:31 336005 in reply to 335982

AW: Re: AW: Liquid will not export/exports blank files

Good point; this is not the best solution but in fact it is allowed. How else would you be able to run Liquid on a laptop, as they typically have only one physical hard drive.

If it is a render problem at all then it should appear with other sequences as well, so a simple test would be to create a blank sequence, import a still picture and apply a classic effect on it. If it renders fine and the sequence could be exported to a file, then at least the render path is valid. It might be a problem of too less space on the drive since the duration of the file is about one hour.

Another idea: Typically the path name includes only backslashes but this one shows also a slash between render and score. Change that either to c:\documents and settings\mary\my documents\avid liquid\data\render\score  or create a new directory c:\documents and settings\mary\my documents\avid liquid\data\render_new and direct then to that location. Or just try another drive.

Many problems like that can be narrowed down to:

1. Too less space on the destination drive
    2. Somewhere is a clip referring to media which is not longer available.
    3. Wrong path to render folder
    4. When the rendering doesn't work any longer with any sequence or project, then sometimes installing Liquid again solves the problem.

•  09-07-2009, 6:56 336009 in reply to 336005

Re: AW: Re: AW: Liquid will not export/exports blank files

On the track header, all the slices are grey or green, no red? Any imported music is available on the harddrive rather than removable media?
  •  09-07-2009, 7:55 336014 in reply to 336009

Re: AW: Re: AW: Liquid will not export/exports blank files

Problems like this are sometimes hard to track down. It could be a single frame gap somewhere on the timeline or an imported audio file with a non-compliant sampe rate. First thing to try is to fuse the timeline and use the fuse file on a new sequence to make the DVD. See if that works.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy