Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Liquid 7 export/output problems

Last post 08-25-2009, 12:25 by mjolnarn. 17 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-24-2009, 4:04 332173

Liquid 7 export/output problems

I just installed a new version of Avid Liquid on a Vista Dell laptop. The editing works fine, but when I export it into Window Media File or QuickTime, it is very grainy and then it starts flickering green.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I even tried to install a graphics card patch. I then installed it on an XP machine. But when I try and export my project it says "Media File Clip 1.AVI is missing." So I can't even figure out if its a Vista compatibility problem. 

Help, please

•  08-24-2009, 5:30 332192 in reply to 332173

Re: Liquid 7 export/output problems

Liz again:

Ok, I went into the program files and set it to run in XP combatability. That seems to have fixed the grainy issue. But it is still flashing green. 

•  08-24-2009, 5:44 332196 in reply to 332192

We´ll wait for a while until some moderator move this thread to the correct place.

Meanwhile, you might want to read this

and, of course, welcome to the forum

•  08-24-2009, 6:22 332207 in reply to 332196

Thanks. I have since clicked on every application associated with Liquid and clicked it to run in XP combatibility mode. This seems to have solved the grainy problem.

But I will have the flashing green screen problem--which probably has more to do with Windows Media Player than Liquid. We shall see what works.

•  08-24-2009, 6:35 332214 in reply to 332207

We need to know:

what version of Liquid that you are installing, if it is 7,2 you should follow the thread about install in Vista if you are running with Vista as OS

whar type of Video card you are using, I suppose that it is a DX10 compliant card, in that case, and if you are using 7,2, the DX10 patch should be installed.in most cases, some older DX10 compiant ATI cards might not need that patch but from your description of what is happening, you´ll need that patch

for better understandments of your workflow and possible issues you might get into, we need to know your system specs, add them to your profile, you can click on my profile to see what might be needed to add.

•  08-24-2009, 7:00 332219 in reply to 332214

I am using 7.2 and I also downloaded the DX10 patch. I didn't know if I needed to, but I was trying anything.

My laptop is a Dell Studio xps and it is running Vista. I had been running Liquid 7.1 on an XP machine with no problems. I just got this new laptop and new Liquid software. 

(Keep in mind, I am not a techie person nor am I am experienced video editor, I'm a journalist, who has to do video interviews for the web. Liquid was what my predecessor was using. My company's IT department refuses to help me because "Avid Liquid is third party software and no one else in the company uses it." 

So I am on my own, but I am a bit in the dark - I've only been using video editing software for one month.

•  08-24-2009, 7:32 332230 in reply to 332219

ElizabethLumley:

I am using 7.2 and I also downloaded the DX10 patch.

My laptop is a Dell Studio xps and it is running Vista. I had been running Liquid 7.1 on an XP machine with no problems. I just got this new laptop and new Liquid software. 

(Keep in mind, I am not a techie person nor am I am experienced video editor, I'm a journalist, who has to do video interviews for the web. Liquid was what my predecessor was using.

Despite the fact that the Vista install thread was written by a non native english speaking user, I think that it should work rather well and you don´t need to know so much about computers to follow it, just be sure of that you do follow it, sentence by sentence, and I am sure of that you will do this very good by yourself.

You might need an external drive to make Liquid run well on your lap, investigate if you have e-sata connections on it, that would work best as a connection to an external drive where you can keep your media and render folders.

and, of course, your videocard is ... ???

From your descriptions however, you seem to need the Dx10 patch

Also, what version of Vista are you using, and please add all this to your profile later, it is kind of difficult to search in all of a users posts to be able to find the specs for the system.

•  08-24-2009, 7:41 332236 in reply to 332230

I am going to check with our IT. I am assuming I am running Vista Advanced. The laptop was only purchased a month ago.

I will download the Dx10 patch again. Maybe I didn't download it correctly last time.

Our IT departments has also offered to revert my laptop to XP. (Which I am siding with right at the moment.)

•  08-24-2009, 7:57 332240 in reply to 332236

For laps, i would actually recommend Vista as OS when you are editing video, the video card, as you already have noticed, is a very important part of an editing system and as most videocards in laps are sharing mem with the computer, Vista handles this in a much better way than the old XP OS.

What is more important is if you are using a 32 or 64 bits system of Vista, if you are using a 64 bits system, your bob will not work if you have the pro version, that is also mentioned in the install thread.

There are other solutions than the Liquid bob for a 64 bits system of course.

•  08-24-2009, 12:43 332321 in reply to 332240

Green flashes on output are the result of using a DX10 video card. You must install the DX10 patch.
  •  08-25-2009, 4:05 332544 in reply to 332321

OK, I am running a 32-but Vista machine.

I have downloaded the Dx10 patch. I have followerd the instructions to allow Liquid to work on Vista.

Previous Windows Media Files that were created using Liquid 7.1 on an XP machine run fine on this Vista laptop. 

However, when I try and run this video, created with 7.2 with Vista, I get the flashing green. The flashing green starts when the moving part of the video starts. The video starts with a title screen and then a still shot, then it goes into the video and audio. 

I resized the picture BTW in order to remove the microphone and the top of my head getting in the shot. 

I have also been unable to get official support from Avid or Pinnacle vie email or telephone.

•  08-25-2009, 4:14 332548 in reply to 332544

Very good, just a few steps now to get you up going, as you have rendered your project without having the Dx10 patch installed, you of course still have the green lines in the render files, rendered without the patch.

Just go to your menu and delete all your render files, let it all rerender and, hopefully, you are up and running without any green lines.

•  08-25-2009, 4:32 332553 in reply to 332548

do you mean the menu in Liquid?

(thank you by the way)

•  08-25-2009, 4:47 332557 in reply to 332553

Thank you!!!! It works it works. If you were here I would kiss you. Thank you so much.
  •  08-25-2009, 4:47 332558 in reply to 332553

You´´re most welcome of course, and the command is - 5th row "project"  - down to "Cleanup"  - out to the right / delete render files of project - and then  " All"
  •  08-25-2009, 4:50 332559 in reply to 332557

ElizabethLumley:
    Thank you!!!! It works it works. If you were here I would kiss you. Thank you so much.

I take that as that as a cold beer are waiting for me if I ever should show up ...

And remember that this forum most always are better than your payed support ...Smile

•  08-25-2009, 9:10 332625 in reply to 332559

Avid technical support has yet to respond to my email inquiry from a week ago. This forum was a life saver.

A cold one, definitely, with your name on it...

•  08-25-2009, 12:25 332690 in reply to 332625

ElizabethLumley:

A cold one, definitely, with your name on it...

Big Smile  happy editing

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy