Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Can't Hear Audio While Doing Voice Over, Help!

Last post 09-18-2012, 9:49 by colour. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-03-2009, 7:09 327181

Can't Hear Audio While Doing Voice Over, Help!

Hi,

I have created an educational video and I want to translate it into another language using voice over.  When I click "Start Recording" I cannot hear the audio on the original video.  For some odd reason the system mutes it.  Is there a way to do so?  It will make life a lot easier.

Thank you,

GT

•  08-03-2009, 8:25 327190 in reply to 327181

Re: Can't Hear Audio While Doing Voice Over, Help!

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, this is the way Studio works. They do it so you don't get feedback while recording, but unfortunately there is no way to change this setting.

If you have an audio processing program, you can extract the audio from Studio, put it into the audio program, record the second language track, then import it to one of the audio tracks in Studio.

If you don't have an audio program, you might be able to do this in a free program, "Audacity". Several here on the forum are using this and can probably tell you for sure if it will work. Personally I use Adobe Audition, and I know that Pro Tools will also handle this.

Don

•  08-03-2009, 8:39 327192 in reply to 327190

Hi Cuartetto,

Thank you for the quick response.  I guess there is a soltion after all.  One question though!  How o I extract the audio from studio 12?

Thank you,

George

•  08-03-2009, 9:54 327204 in reply to 327192

First, mute any of the audio tracks you do not wish to be included. Click the 'Make Movie' tab. Select "File", 'Settings'. In the settings preset, select 'custom'. Remove the check mark from 'include video' and leave the one in 'include audio'. The audio will be saved as a .wav file.

Another thought would be to save the audio to a .wav file from Studio, put it onto a CD, then play that back while you make your new track. It might be a problem keeping them synced if you had to stop and start again.

Don 

•  08-03-2009, 10:22 327214 in reply to 327204

Whisper Actually Don, S12(.1?) now has a Make File Audio preset, which can make wav or mp3 files directly.
  •  08-03-2009, 10:37 327221 in reply to 327214

Thanks jjn, I didn't know that was there. For the other poster, after selecting custom, in the "file type' box select 'audio'.

Don

•  08-04-2009, 0:36 327367 in reply to 327221

Hello GT,

We recently have the same question on the french forum. I gave the following answer: on my side, I do not like the voice over function of Pinnacle Studio (because the sound generated with a microphone is not as nice as a sound generated by your cam).

Consequently, I do the following:

- put your camcorder in front of you.
    - put a hearphone, and shut down your loudspeaker (of the computer)
    - start the recording with your camcorder (yes, you make a movie of yourself !!!)
    - Play the movie you would like to "voice over" in Pinnacle Studio
    - Start speaking...

==> This way, you ear the sound of your movie, you record your own voice with the camcorder. At the end, just capture your movie, extract the sound track and put it at the correct place. Take note, if you make mistake, you can start again and again, you will just need to adjust the sound track at the end. Isn't it better ???

DV FX 

•  09-18-2012, 6:51 550399 in reply to 327367

Betreft: Re: Can't Hear Audio While Doing Voice Over, Help!

Since I have a problem with my voice over (a strange noice is heard), I was delighted with this solution. Just record my voice by the camcorder. But ... how can I extract the sound track ?
  •  09-18-2012, 9:49 550436 in reply to 550399

Re: Betreft: Re: Can't Hear Audio While Doing Voice Over, Help!

how can I extract the sound track ?

1) Import your Video File into the Timeline.

2) Go to:  Make Movie / File / File Type / Audio / Preset. I use WAV PCM Stereo 48KHz.

BTW - Windows XP's Sound Recorder is Free & easy to use.

W7 doesn't have Sound Rrecorder. Don't know about Vista.

Try Free Sound Recorder. I have it.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy