Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Liquid Pro 7 - Breakout Box not working

Last post 07-20-2009, 5:23 by Hans_H. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-16-2009, 2:25 322872

Liquid Pro 7 - Breakout Box not working

Hi,

I had installed Liquid Pro 7 on my Dell desktop with Windows XP Pro + SP2, and it was working find with the break out box that comes with the pack. Later, i downloaded the 7.2 patch and installed it.

Due to technical problems, i had to format my desktop. After re-installing Avid from the CD, it could not recognize the the breakout box. Windows is able to do so since it shows the 'Add New Hardware Wizard'.

Even after installing the 7.2 patch, there is no difference. I tried formatting once again, cleaning registry, etc. there is no difference. Avid displays the Demo version all the time.

My software is registered and i have a valid serial key. But, i am unable to activate it from the Help menu as there is no such option. Earlier, before the 1st format, i had not activated.

I tried the same on another machine, but i have the same problem and it does not work. Strangely, Windows XP keeps saying that 'New Hardware was found and 'Add New Hardware Wizard' keeps popping up.

What could be the problem? It cannot be the USB cable since Windows can see the hardware.

How can I solve this issue? Is this something related to licensing / activation?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Koshish

•  07-17-2009, 12:35 323208 in reply to 322872

Re: Liquid Pro 7 - Breakout Box not working

Try to install manually the BOB drivers. Double click on "comp_drvmbox.exe" from his Liquid install disc or download to see if that helps.

•  07-17-2009, 21:30 323291 in reply to 323208

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that. It does not work. Also, i guess it is not called a Breakout box. The manual just says 'Avid Liquid Pro Box'.

The box has not been damaged due to mishandling, etc. and i am rather surprised why it just stopped working.

Is there anything else i could try?

Thanks,
    Koshish

•  07-17-2009, 21:51 323293 in reply to 323291

Check the BOB power supply, see if it delivers rated voltage. 
  •  07-19-2009, 18:50 323673 in reply to 323291

koshish:

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that. It does not work. Also, i guess it is not called a Breakout box. The manual just says 'Avid Liquid Pro Box'.

The box has not been damaged due to mishandling, etc. and i am rather surprised why it just stopped working.

Is there anything else i could try?

Thanks,
    Koshish

The Lquid Pro Box is the official name, but it is also a Breakout box (BOB). It is the same thing.

Maybe you should do a forum search to read other threads about the same subject. Because there is other threads.Good luck!

•  07-20-2009, 5:23 323766 in reply to 323673

AW: Re: Liquid Pro 7 - Breakout Box not working

Hi,

Please check if the device manager shows an exclamation mark in the USB section. What can you read concerning then box? In doubt, a screen shot might help.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy