Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Power Tip of the Day

Last post 01-03-2009, 22:01 by TinyMustard. 23 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-14-2007, 8:13 49593

Coffee [C] Power Tip of the Day

Hi All,

Occasionally people come up with unique questions which are not covered in the manual.  Often one of our forum users has a solution which fits.  The “Power Tip of the Day” thread is intended as an informational thread and not as a discussion thread.  In the course of other thread dicussions, if there is a solution which is unique, I propose we  place it under this heading in this format.  Question:  followed by  Solution:

As an example follow this.

Question: 

I have 6 tapes all of which I need to put timecode on using the plug in I have.

Before I can do much with them I have to render them with the tc info on

At the momment it means that I have to set 1 to render because I want them all to start at the 1 min point.

So I do 6 sequences and wait for one to render then go up to my studio a few hours later do the next seq and so on until I have renderd all 6 seq with the tc burned on.

It would be useful if I could maybe stack my seqs so they would all render in 1 sitting rather than keep going up to my studio 6 times, the problem now I think is if I stacked the seq now they would all render as 6 files rather than 6 separate ones.

So I guess the question is am I doing this the quickest method and  I wonder if  rendering 6 completely different seqs all in one go would be possible. That would be great!

Daz

Solution:

This can be done in the following manner.

Create a Render Rack

Place clip on timeine, add TC plug, MI/MO, make container and the copy/paste container in your new render rack

do the same thing for all of your tapes.  in the end you should have all 6 of your tapes containerized in the render rack.  Now lasso (highlight) all containers in the render rack and go to start>tools>AVI and select the "small" preset.  Now below that click the radio button that says "all highlighted in rack".  select the location for the small AVI files (which you will delete) and say OK. 

What will happen next is that all of your clips will render in the rack.  You can go get your coffee now....  When you get back to the system later, if you see video content in the render window you can just cancel the export because all of your files are fully rendered befor the video is actually exported.  Take your clips and lay them on your master/final timeline and you'll see that the TC has been embedded in the files regardless of their position on the timline and you did it all in one render session. 

Stephen L. Noe

•  10-15-2007, 10:48 50009 in reply to 49593

How to Change the Liquid interface (GUI) colors.

Question:  How do I change the way the Liquid interface looks on my screen? 

Solution:  Go to this website and select the colors you wish to change your interface to.  Good Larry has found the answer and setup a website with instruction on how to make changes.

•  10-16-2007, 15:59 50507 in reply to 50009

How do I change the default system transition?

Attachment: graphic1.png

Here's an oldy but goodie.

Question:  How do I change the default system transition and then change it back?

Answer:  First you need to take a transition from your library and paste it into a rack.  The transition must be a copy in a rack and not an original from the library.  Now, hold down on the Ctrl and the Alt key's and right click on the pasted transition.  Right before you let go of the right mouse button, let go of the held Ctrl & Alt keys.  It's tricky because you have to do it quickly and right on time.  If you do, you'll get an extra option on the resulting menu which reads "Set as System Object" with a flyout that reads "EDL default DVE" (see attached PNG file).  When you click the "EDL default DVE" you'll set your copied transition as the default transition, which is mapped to the toolbar buttons.  If you want to switch back to the default transition, which came on the system, then just past the "Dissolve GPU" transition effect in your rack and then set it as the EDL default DVE.

Now if you want to add parameters (like keyframes) to the default transition, place the transition on some timeline clips and perform your edit on the tranistion.  Add your desired keyframes to fit your needs.  Once you're satisfied, copy the edited transition to a rack and do the Ctrl & Alt right mouse click trick from above.  The edited transition will become the default now.  This is very handy for a transition like waterdrop which requires editing for it to look right.

Have fun and give it a try.

•  10-17-2007, 21:07 51033 in reply to 49593

Liquid Tips and Trick for Users

Many answers and solutions can be found on my Liquid Edition Tips page at http://www.ulti-media.com/edition_and_liquid_tips.htm.

I have been compiling these since the inception of Liquid assisted by members of various Liquid forums, past and present.

Enjoy,

Andy

•  10-19-2007, 10:08 51657 in reply to 51033

Re: Liquid Tips and Trick for Users

astevens:

Many answers and solutions can be found on my Liquid Edition Tips page at http://www.ultipmedia.com/edition_and_liquid_tips.htm.

I have been compiling these since the inception of Liquid assisted by members of various Liquid forums, past and present.

Enjoy,

Andy

That link seems to be broken, but the one in your signature works.

•  10-19-2007, 11:26 51682 in reply to 51657

That's because there's a 'p' in the link instead og a '-' .  Slip of the finger - and the bane of my wife!  life!
  •  10-19-2007, 16:44 51750 in reply to 51657

Link is now fixed and working.  Still having problems getting used to this darned laptop keyboard.

Thanks Guys,

AndyYes

•  10-25-2007, 14:38 54158 in reply to 51750

Greetings from Italy to astevens,

an internet friend from SpeedRazor/DvMaster era.

•  10-27-2007, 22:42 55248 in reply to 54158

Hi...

That sure goes back a ways...  I finally dismanteled both the DV Master Pro and Speed Razor support from my site about a year ago....

Good systems, both, while they lasted.

Hope my Liquid Edition support site is useful to you. 

Good to see you again.

Andy

•  10-31-2007, 8:00 56728 in reply to 55248

This is for those of us that do Photo Montages.

Most of the montages that I have created--whether for a wedding, birthday or Church/public event, have been projected first on a screen, followed by delivery of DVD for display on TVs.  This creates problems later as the sizing for a screen projection can be different than what is best for TV.  With a TV image, you have to play within the "safe areas." 

With montages, you are stuck with the media provided by the customer, and in some cases the important parts of the images are very close to the edges--like a person's head that bumps up against the top edge of the picture.  Sure, you can resize the image but if you shrink it to fit within the safe areas TV, you will have to touch every image and resize them to the same size (safe area).  The result of not resizing all images is that some are full screen when projected, and some are not.  Depending on the montage, this may be disruptive to the "feeling" you want to establish.  I think there's a better way.

-->  My solution is a simple one.  I will ignore the "safe" areas and build the montage expecting a full screen projection.  When the time comes for producing the TV version. I will build a container of the entire montage, and apply a Classic 2D Editor to the timeline, resizing to meet the safe area guidelines.  The Classic 2D editor, while a slower render, provides the safe area guidelines and with sub-pixel rendering, does the best job.

So--while this is all basic stuff, I have seen montages that did not consider the projector/TV sizing dilemma and the "professionalism" suffered as a result.

•  11-01-2007, 15:39 57341 in reply to 49593

Re: Power Tip of the Day

wow, nice one.. I am gob smacked...
  •  11-05-2007, 4:10 59117 in reply to 56728

FIMoore:
    This is for those of us that do Photo Montages.
    Nice tip.
  •  05-23-2008, 16:48 182548 in reply to 59117

When you are dealing with grainy footage and want to clean it up, I'm sure there are several ways but I wanted to let you all know about the success I have had using the magic bullet effect called unbloom.  Using magic bullet effects is extremely render intensive but yields impressive results.  Using the unbloom effect smooths out the grainy look as well as makes colors seem richer and more vibrant.  It darkens the footage a bit but the over all effect is pretty amazing.  Apply it 2 or even three times and you get a very unique and artistic look.  The diffusion filters also clean up grain and actually brighten an image (if you are using white diffusion or diffusion max).
  •  07-29-2008, 8:51 216699 in reply to 56728

Fred,

I have recently contracted with a photographer friend to make photo montages on DVD for her as part of her wedding packages.  Are your montages just the pictures with nothing in the background?  I like to use a video clip of maybe a table setting or the wedding cake looped in the background.  But as you stated, it's a pain to resize every picture individually as sometimes she sends me over 100 pictures.  Is there a way I can use your technique but still have the background video?  The photos are both landscape and portrait, so that limits cropping the fused montage I think...

Just curious.  I don't mind resizing every picture, it's just time consuming.  I wish I was so busy it was an issue but I'm not... lol

Steve 'NotRight'

•  10-08-2008, 3:37 241463 in reply to 216699

LINEAR INTERPOLATION AS DEFAULT (???)

How can I change the default interpolation mode to LINEAR? Most of the case ie. 2D editor GPU etc I wish to use the linear interpolation instead of "waving" effect... Is there any tip how to change the default or is there any hot key to use the Linear interpolation mode?

THANKS, szzs

•  10-08-2008, 4:47 241478 in reply to 241463

SOUND SWITCH on/off for step by step search or fast revise search.

I also forget how to switch the audio on while I scan through on timeine / or search something on timeline.... There were the scroll lock key or soething similar but it does not work... please help...

•  10-08-2008, 10:22 241600 in reply to 241478

It is the scroll lock key that enables and disables audio scrubbing. But, for audio scurbbing to work, the speaker icons on the track header must be hollow and not solid. If they are solid, shift+click on the speaker icon to make it hollow. See page 805 of the PDF manual.
  •  10-08-2008, 23:29 241771 in reply to 241600

THANK YOU ! It works.

Is there any tip for the changing linear interpolation as default?

In crop or size changing the curves are rather disturbs, and takes a lot of extra time to change them to linear...

Thanks again...

•  10-09-2008, 5:31 241844 in reply to 241771

There is no way to change that default.
  •  10-09-2008, 13:44 242023 in reply to 241844

hi

Any RT editor at begining gives you  two keyframes. Delete both keyframes then the interpolation will  automaticly be linear.

•  10-11-2008, 22:16 242565 in reply to 242023

Kawacan,

It is SUPER !  It works. Thank you!

•  11-03-2008, 8:34 250382 in reply to 50507

Re: How do I change the default system transition?

Thanks Steve - seemed as if my nVidia Card was causing a slight discoloring effect on the monitor during a disolve - so I changed the GPU dissolve to a CPU dissolve - and it took away that issue.

By the way, you just have to hold down the CTRL key and then right click on new default effect that you copied to the rack -  set as system object option shows up everytime - at least on my machine.

•  11-06-2008, 17:22 251642 in reply to 250382

Re: How do I change the default system transition?

dpdenver:

Thanks Steve - seemed as if my nVidia Card was causing a slight discoloring effect on the monitor during a disolve - so I changed the GPU dissolve to a CPU dissolve - and it took away that issue.

By the way, you just have to hold down the CTRL key and then right click on new default effect that you copied to the rack -  set as system object option shows up everytime - at least on my machine.

I found that if I change RENDER FIELD to RENDER FRAME in the transition edit panel that flicker goes away.

•  01-03-2009, 22:01 271998 in reply to 216699

Follow the advise above regarding the montage, but put the looping video on a track below it. When you use the Classic 2D editor on the container above the video track, size the pics down enough to see you video.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy