Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Only recieving Audio

Last post 12-09-2008, 20:35 by Marc P.. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-27-2008, 12:16 238231

Only recieving Audio

When I connect my PS3 directly to the Dazzle it does not pick up the Video, only the Audio. I have Windows XP, Dazzle Video Creator Plus and have installed Studio 12. I reinstalled Studio 12 twice and still nothing.

I got the Dazzle Video Creator Plus, RCA to RCA cables and 3 AV Splitters hoping to view what I'm capturing on my TV as well. If I connect the PS3 directly into the Dazzle it will only show up on the screen making it difficult to see what I'm doing. When it was set up with the 3 splitters in the proper way it still was not working. I knew the splitters or RCA to RCA cables were not the problem because now all of a sudden when I connect the PS3 directly into the Dazzle I only receive Audio, no Video.

I have the Capturing Source set for the Video to be the DVC100 and the Audio to be the DVC100. All the cables are correctly connected the way they are supposed to be and it keeps saying "A valid Input Signal has not been detected.''

I really have no idea and I'm so lost of what the problem could be.   

•  09-30-2008, 15:47 239136 in reply to 238231

Re: Only recieving Audio

Just to confirm, do you have your setup in this manner?

PS3 ---> AV Splitter ---> Dazzle
                        |------------> TV

What are you're Video settings on your PS3? What AV cable are you using and what RCA splitters? Have you tried another source, such as a DVD Player? If not try it in this manner.

DVD Player ---> AV Splitter ---> Dazzle
                                   |------------> TV
  •  11-01-2008, 4:52 249677 in reply to 238231

i have a problem a bit like this i cant get any video using instand dvd recorder but i dont get an error message STRANGE  i am still seeking help on this forum
  •  11-04-2008, 22:02 250998 in reply to 249677

Let us know how you have your console setup to capture. Lets see if we can find the cause of the problem.
  •  11-28-2008, 13:38 259061 in reply to 238231

I'd like to join this discusion because I am having the same problem!  I have a three month old Dell Latitude Laptop, Windows XP Professional SP3.  I have a Dazzle Video Creator Plus video capture device and for external analog (all that I have tried so far). 

During capture, I can see the the video!  After "capture," I can playback the audio but the video is blank.

Maybe more interesting...  I can capture using Wondow Movie Maker and edit those captured files in Pinnacle!  Thus, the problem is a Pinnacle software issue - not a problem with Windows, the hardware, etc.

Help!  I have literally spent mega-hours over the last 5 days.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any fixes?  Thank you in advance!

•  12-01-2008, 20:16 260086 in reply to 259061

rarjr:

Maybe more interesting...  I can capture using Wondow Movie Maker and edit those captured files in Pinnacle!  Thus, the problem is a Pinnacle software issue - not a problem with Windows, the hardware, etc.

You're able to capture with both Video and Audioo in WMM?

•  12-09-2008, 11:32 263191 in reply to 260086

Problem fixed.

Via phone technical support, Rolen suggest that I take NVIDIA Quadro 135 "Hardware Acceleration" from "full" to "zero" and the problem was fixed!  To get there: Select "Control Panel" then "Display" then "Settings" then "Advanced" the "Troubleshoot."  Take the "full" down to "none" for "Hardware Acceleration.  This fixed the problem immediately.

Then, Rolen suggested that I update my NVIDIA drivers via the NVIDIA website.  I did that and now I'm back on "full" hardware accleration and everything works fine.

Great job to Rolen and thanks to him for taking the 30 minutes to work through the problem!

•  12-09-2008, 20:35 263339 in reply to 263191

Hi rarjr,

I'm glad our support team was able to help you resolve this issue. We appreciate your feedback and I'll see to it that Rolen's supervisor knows about it

Regards,
    Marc

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy