Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

install help

Last post 07-28-2008, 14:49 by Marc P.. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-25-2008, 20:11 215679

install help

i have studio 11 ultimate and when installing the first dvd which is pinnacle studio plus the loading bar fills up, then it says it is installing a dvd recorder which leaves me with two loading bars. the two bars are full, but then the program gets stuck. any idea what causes this.
  •  07-26-2008, 3:46 215728 in reply to 215679

Re: install help

Welcome to the ForumBig Smile

Do a "Custom", rather than "Typical" Install & choose not to Install Instant DVD Recorder. You don't want it anyway. It causes several probs related to your DVD-RW Drive etc. Pinnacle have known about this for 4 years now, yet still include it within the Prog. It's no longer supported, anyway. In fact even the Pinnacle Rep Marc P who Posts on the Forum, also recommends that you either don't Install or Uninstall itIndifferent

I haven't got S11, so I don't know if Mediamanager/Server is still included. If yes, choose not to Install that as well. Yet again, this is a useless prog &  no longer supported.

I suggest you Install just the Prog Disk & leave the so-called "Bonus" content Disk to a later date ( It has it's own Installer), after you've Explored the Disk to see what's worth Installing. Most of the content has to be purchased separately.

After you've Installed the Prog, Update to the latest S11 Patch, from the Downloads page.

You need to check that your PC meets the "Recommended" not "Minimum" Specs for Running S11 Ultimate.

Please enter them into your Profile. How to, in THIS  Post. Click on my Username above my Avatar, for an example.

S11 Ultimate is very good value for money, when it works. So it's best to identify any potential probs at the beginning, rather than going through hoops later-on, trying to fix them.

Good luckBig Smile

ADDED - The Installer progress bar may appear to get stuck, but probably isn't. So leave it for a couple of minutes. But you don't want InstantDVD anyway.

•  07-26-2008, 7:51 215775 in reply to 215728

Just bought Dazzle DVD Recorder at Circuit City as I was looking for a video capture device to convert our old VHS video cam tapes to DVD / digital format.

First install it would not record; view window blank and every time I hit "Record" button it said to specify time of recording and "Instant DVD Recorder" and pointed to the little window where that is displayed.  

I saw the advice to uninstall the "Instant DVD Recorder" in a previous post, but it appears that the whole "Dazzle" system IS an "Instant DVD Recorder" so I'd have to uninstall the whole thing.  

That window is grayed out though, and I can't change the number.  Looked all over for some place to edit it, Menues etc. but no luck.  

Re-booted and things look a little different, but still can't change rec. time or record anything.

Did I mess up the install somehow or is this a bug?

Running WIN MX so should be compatible.

SYS:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
     Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061

System Model: ED878AA-ABA SR1630NX NA540

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 446MB RAM

Page File: 583MB used, 696MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

Any suggestions?

They said I could bring it back within 30 days - if I can't get it to work I will uninstall and do just that.

Thanx - UJ in ME 

•  07-28-2008, 14:49 216385 in reply to 215728

colour:

Welcome to the ForumBig Smile

Do a "Custom", rather than "Typical" Install & choose not to Install Instant DVD Recorder. You don't want it anyway. It causes several probs related to your DVD-RW Drive etc. Pinnacle have known about this for 4 years now, yet still include it within the Prog. It's no longer supported, anyway. In fact even the Pinnacle Rep Marc P who Posts on the Forum, also recommends that you either don't Install or Uninstall itIndifferent

I haven't got S11, so I don't know if Mediamanager/Server is still included. If yes, choose not to Install that as well. Yet again, this is a useless prog &  no longer supported.

I suggest you Install just the Prog Disk & leave the so-called "Bonus" content Disk to a later date ( It has it's own Installer), after you've Explored the Disk to see what's worth Installing. Most of the content has to be purchased separately.

After you've Installed the Prog, Update to the latest S11 Patch, from the Downloads page.

You need to check that your PC meets the "Recommended" not "Minimum" Specs for Running S11 Ultimate.

Please enter them into your Profile. How to, in THIS  Post. Click on my Username above my Avatar, for an example.

S11 Ultimate is very good value for money, when it works. So it's best to identify any potential probs at the beginning, rather than going through hoops later-on, trying to fix them.

Good luckBig Smile

ADDED - The Installer progress bar may appear to get stuck, but probably isn't. So leave it for a couple of minutes. But you don't want InstantDVD anyway.

Just a bit of clarification about that.. Embarrassed

I would recommend using Studio over Instant DVD Recorder for all possible reasons, Why? Its because Studio does everything than Instant DVD Recorder can, plus lots of others. And when I say lots, I mean LOTS. I would simply put it as more flexible. 

The other reason is that Instant DVD Recorder causes installation lockups when it conflicts with other running software you have on the computer. One thing to do when you encounter this is to reinstall Studio in window's safe mode.

UJ,

Not sure If you got the old bundle (comes with Studio Quickstart) or the new one. If you got the older one, I recommend using Studio over it. It may require more clicks but it will be better to use in the long run as it is more flexible. If you got the newer one which does not come with Studio Quickstart or any version of Studio at all, please follow the steps below.

First thing to do is remove the dazzle device. Then uninstall the Instant DVD Recorder software. Then download the update . Then reboot, insert the Dazzle device and make sure you are not using any USB hubs, extension cords and other non essential USB devices along with your USB device. The device is USB bandwidth intensive and it doesn't like to share. Let us know if this worked for you.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy