Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

S11 to S12 Adorage issues

Last post 06-27-2008, 17:36 by markk655. 20 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-19-2008, 5:13 199611

S11 to S12 Adorage issues

So I installed S12 ultimate leaving the S11 ultimate installed

Ran the transfer tool. It copied about 4Gigs worth of files.....what was the bulk of it that it was copying from?

Then I uninstalled S11 and then I uninstalled the bonus disk. This was when I hit a problem. After doing this, whenever I start S12 it complains that I am missing Adorage support files. It throws up an error about 6 times each time I start S12.

I know I am missing the support files, because I uninstalled the bonus disk....but it doesn't seem to have translated into S12 knowing that I uninstalled it. What do I need to do to clear it properly?

Thanks,

Jonathan

•  06-19-2008, 5:25 199621 in reply to 199611

Re: S11 to S12 Adorage issues

I don't know if you've been following this saga, but It doesn't sound like Pinnacle have fully tested what happens in all cases when you delete s11 stuff.

How about running the transfer wizard again, telling you want to install stuff that you bought for s11, and then feeding it the S11 bonus disc? That might reinstall the support files.

•  06-19-2008, 8:32 199729 in reply to 199621

Half the stuff seems to have disappeared from the transition list now. I think this install is hosed.

Can someone clarify, if you had the bonus DVD installed...after you install S12 and then run the transfer tool, how do you get rid of the 3Gigs of duplicate content that it has just copied from one place to another? If you uninstall the bonus DVD then it causes other issues.

Thanks,

Jonathan

•  06-19-2008, 18:23 199998 in reply to 199611

jonstatt:

Ran the transfer tool. It copied about 4Gigs worth of files.....what was the bulk of it that it was copying from?

Then I uninstalled S11 and then I uninstalled the bonus disk. This was when I hit a problem. After doing this, whenever I start S12 it complains that I am missing Adorage support files. It throws up an error about 6 times each time I start S12.

I know I am missing the support files, because I uninstalled the bonus disk....but it doesn't seem to have translated into S12 knowing that I uninstalled it. What do I need to do to clear it properly?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

This procedure should help to resolve the error:

1.   Download Adorage Magic PC from proDAD here:
    2.    Once you select the Adorage Magic PC link it prompts you to fill out a few information fields.  Do this and click Submit.
    3.    It will then send you an email with a download link for the file (AdoDemo.exe). 
    4.    From the email you receive, click the link to download the file.  Save it to a known location on your computer.
    5.    Double-click on the AdoDemo.exe file to start the installation.  Follow any on-screen prompts.
    6.    Once this is complete you should now be able to launch Studio properly.
  •  06-20-2008, 0:53 200075 in reply to 199998

Thank you.

I was fiddling around last night and came across an order that worked for me, but boy is it painful

1) Re-installed Studio 11 with all plug-ins and bonus DVD

2) Install Studio 12

3) Transfer content

4) Uninstall Studio 11 (but not bonus DVD or ultimate plug-ins)

5) Delete the remaining program files\pinnacle\studio 11 folder (this gets rid of the duplicate Bonus DVD content that has now been copied elsewhere but leaves the Adorage Magic PC program files in place)

6) Re-install Studio 11 but choose custom and only select Hollywood FX

7) Un-install old DVD recorder

8) Install new DVD recorder on Studio 12 disc

9) Install new version of SureThing labeller on Studio 12 disc (no need to uninstall old one with this program)

10) Install new plug-ins for Studio 12

Doing all of that requires some reboots and takes a looong time but works and minimises diskspace wastage. Surely, it should have been possible to do this more easily!!

•  06-20-2008, 10:25 200312 in reply to 200075

Adorage is a demo anyway. Mind you, I had to go through similar pain and agony to get it all to work. But found a slightly quicker way....

First, the Transfer Wizard runs in two ways (they don't tell you this!)

If you have S11 content on your main drive, then the "Transfer Wizard" it will try and duplicate all the content - rather poorly in my opinion.

If however, you completely remove all S11 content, ultimate and bonus content first - then run the "Transfer Wizard" it will run in a different manner; it won't try to copy anything (because there isn't anything to copy) but, instead it will set up your PC to accept the previous S11 Bonus and Content disks.

Then all you do is to reload the S11 Ultimate and Bonus disks onto your PC to work with Studio 12 - without all that messing about in hyperspace.Wink

•  06-20-2008, 10:29 200315 in reply to 200075

When one upgrades to Studio 12, is the uninstall of Studio 11 mandatory, recommended, optional, superflous, a bit risky, far-fetched, or flat-out insane?  Is the intended objective to reduce hard drive use?  If an upgrade is really that, it would seem to make sense for it to uninstall automatically any older program files that are obsolete or not needed.  Is the Studio 12 essentailly an installation of a largely parallel version of Studio with no such efficiencies?
  •  06-20-2008, 10:48 200330 in reply to 200315

Lol!

I guess Pinnacle won't commit to any of those choices until "more real world data" shows a statistical leaning towards one solution being more robust over another.

It has made me skeptical over purchasing future pinnacle "upgrades." Perhaps that's the idea - force people to spend a bit extra to get the full 'altogether' package.

My worry is, if I got a new PC or operating system, I'd forget half of these workarounds or worse have to REPEAT them all!

•  06-20-2008, 12:12 200373 in reply to 200312

jb41:

First, the Transfer Wizard runs in two ways (they don't tell you this!)

If you have S11 content on your main drive, then the "Transfer Wizard" it will try and duplicate all the content - rather poorly in my opinion.

If however, you completely remove all S11 content, ultimate and bonus content first - then run the "Transfer Wizard" it will run in a different manner; it won't try to copy anything (because there isn't anything to copy) but, instead it will set up your PC to accept the previous S11 Bonus and Content disks.

Then all you do is to reload the S11 Ultimate and Bonus disks onto your PC to work with Studio 12 - without all that messing about in hyperspace.Wink

If this works, this HAS to be a sticky!! How did you find this out? Anyone duplicated this? My copy of S12 isn't here yet (any day now....)

•  06-20-2008, 19:25 200551 in reply to 200373

I'll attempt to reproduce this myself when I get a chance with lab machine.
  •  06-21-2008, 9:51 200800 in reply to 200373

Yes..that really is interesting! I am tempted to scrub and start again because for sure that will be the neatest result, but I know I will probably have problems re-installing BIAS Soundsoap as when I try to de-authorise it says I have done it the maximum times already..so I will probably need to email them to get the counter reset.

•  06-21-2008, 20:50 200943 in reply to 199998

Marc P.:
    jonstatt:

Thanks,

Jonathan

I am down to one prompt with this one...

This procedure should help to resolve the error:

1.   Download Adorage Magic PC from proDAD here:
    2.    Once you select the Adorage Magic PC link it prompts you to fill out a few information fields.  Do this and click Submit.
    3.    It will then send you an email with a download link for the file (AdoDemo.exe). 
    4.    From the email you receive, click the link to download the file.  Save it to a known location on your computer.
    5.    Double-click on the AdoDemo.exe file to start the installation.  Follow any on-screen prompts.
    6.    Once this is complete you should now be able to launch Studio properly.
  •  06-23-2008, 12:46 201666 in reply to 200075

jonstatt:

1) Re-installed Studio 11 with all plug-ins and bonus DVD

2) Install Studio 12

3) Transfer content

4) Uninstall Studio 11 (but not bonus DVD or ultimate plug-ins)

5) Delete the remaining program files\pinnacle\studio 11 folder (this gets rid of the duplicate Bonus DVD content that has now been copied elsewhere but leaves the Adorage Magic PC program files in place)

6) Re-install Studio 11 but choose custom and only select Hollywood FX

7) Un-install old DVD recorder

8) Install new DVD recorder on Studio 12 disc

9) Install new version of SureThing labeller on Studio 12 disc (no need to uninstall old one with this program)

10) Install new plug-ins for Studio 12

I had to remove Instant DVD in safe mode it kept hanging. Vista SP1 32 bit.

ADO Says I have to activate it I have the following below. Unless I missed something the highlighted should be on transitions ProDad?

RTFx Mega Effects

Dziedzic's Effects 1

Dziedzic's Effects 2

Adorage Volume 1 and Heroglyph Volume 1

HFX Volume 1

HFX Volume 2

Premium Pack Volume 2

Off to install the 3 new add-ons I got with the sale.

•  06-23-2008, 16:16 201755 in reply to 201666

ADO Says I have to activate it I have the following below. Unless I missed something the highlighted should be on transitions ProDad?
    &  

That looks like "Set Price", when the 2 came "Bundled" together, for a discount. Hero is now @ Version 2.6

ADO(rage) Transition capability was released long-after Vol 1 & you have to purchase an Unlock Key from Pinnacle, to use some of the Adorage Effects as Transitions.

ADDED - BTW, to use ADO Transitions, you Drag ADO to TimeLine. Double-Click on it, to Open Adorage Editor Edit Pop-Up. Click on "Edit Adorage", to Open Adorage Editor, where you will find the Transitions in Tree View Pane (Under Effects - I think).

•  06-23-2008, 19:53 201805 in reply to 201755

colour:
    &  

That looks like "Set Price", when the 2 came "Bundled" together, for a discount. Hero is now @ Version 2.6

ADO(rage) Transition capability was released long-after Vol 1 & you have to purchase an Unlock Key from Pinnacle, to use some of the Adorage Effects as Transitions.

ADDED - BTW, to use ADO Transitions, you Drag ADO to TimeLine. Double-Click on it, to Open Adorage Editor Edit Pop-Up. Click on "Edit Adorage", to Open Adorage Editor, where you will find the Transitions in Tree View Pane (Under Effects - I think).

I got it in December 07. If this is old junk then why was I not informed. If I knew that was a old version I would not have purchased it.

Are you saying if what I do above I can still use the editor part without the demo mode? I have not used it yet, so I am uncertain of how to use it. Just where it was in S11.

•  06-24-2008, 1:59 201878 in reply to 201805

I got it in December 07. If this is old junk then why was I not informed. If I knew that was a old version I would not have purchased it.

There have been a number of Posts re: this, in several Threads, over several months. Mark is the Forum's Expert in dealing with the idiosynchronies between Pinnacle & Prodad re: their Plug-ins. I think Mark has Posted a way of either Upgrading to Hero V2.0 or even 2.5, without paying extra & then Updating to V2.6 (You would need to have 2.5 installed). In other words V1, 2 & 2.5 are purchased Upgrades & V2.6 is a free Update. You'll have to do a Search to find Mark's Posts re: the above or even send him a PM? 

Are you saying if what I do above I can still use the editor part without the demo mode? I have not used it yet, so I am uncertain of how to use it. Just where it was in S11

Yes - the same as you would with Effects, but the Transitions would be watermarked ( I think). Well I've just tested the ADO  Transition but it won't Open Adorage Editor, without purchasing Activation Key. Anyway just double-click on any Image or Scene in TimeLine / Click on: Plug Icon in Pop-Up /  Prodad Adorage in Video Effects Pop-Up / Edit Adorage & you'll see Transitions for Vol 1 in Editor Tree View @ bottom, but you'll only  be able to use them as Effects & not Transitions, untill you purchasde the ADO transition Activation Key from Pinnacle.

Over to Mark, if he's around.

•  06-24-2008, 19:20 202187 in reply to 201878

I didn't post a fix. Pinnacle did. Contact Support and tell then when you purchased it.  They should give you updated serial numbers.
  •  06-24-2008, 19:47 202192 in reply to 202187

markk655:
    I didn't post a fix. Pinnacle did. Contact Support and tell then when you purchased it.  They should give you updated serial numbers.

Thanks, Looks like I might be out of luck.

Permission Denied

This answer is no longer available.

•  06-26-2008, 14:35 203037 in reply to 202192

Still works for me...Here is the content...

Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice with Studio 10.

After purchasing “Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice” in Studio 10, Heroglyph remains locked.

If after purchasing the “Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice” plugin pack, the Heroglyph component of this bundle remains locked in Studio 10, contact support for a resolution.

Click here for contact information for support in North America.

Click here for contact information for support in Europe.

Click here for contact information for support in Asia - Australia.

•  06-26-2008, 20:26 203139 in reply to 203037

markk655:

Still works for me...Here is the content...

Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice with Studio 10.

After purchasing “Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice” in Studio 10, Heroglyph remains locked.

If after purchasing the “Adorage and Heroglyph Setprice” plugin pack, the Heroglyph component of this bundle remains locked in Studio 10, contact support for a resolution.

Click here for contact information for support in North America.

When I click on that link thats where I get the message.

Thanks.

•  06-27-2008, 17:36 203571 in reply to 203139

Try this link
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy