Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Magic Looks - what's SE about it?

Last post 06-18-2008, 13:03 by wires. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2008, 9:23 199205

Magic Looks - what's SE about it?

I've spent a little time looking at Magic Looks. As Winton has asked elsewhere, a manual in English would be helpful...

If anyone knows the full version, what is "SE" about the Pinnacle version? By deduction, unless I'm doing something wrong, there is no Custom mode, so you cannot build a look up from scratch. I also can't see a way of adding an effect to a preset look that isn't already part of it.

So, if I've got this right, you can alter any of the filters on any of the presets. You can even bypass any of the filters, but if I want to add just some diffusion, for example, I have to

• find a look that includes the diffusion filter
    • apply it
    • switch off all the other filters in the preset's chain
    • alter the diffusion parameters to suit 
    If I want to add two filters that I can't find paired together in a preset, I'll have to do this by rendering to AVI and then having another pass as I can only add Looks once as a plug-in.
  •  06-18-2008, 12:21 199311 in reply to 199205

Re: Magic Looks - what's SE about it?

looks like you have it right Jef, just tried a 12 sec clip with a preset added, then made avi file it took about 10mins to make. then put the finished file back into studio reopened Looks but when I opened another preset the first effect vanished but I could put in another effect.

see how you get on and let me know. 

•  06-18-2008, 13:03 199326 in reply to 199311

Re: Magic Looks - what's SE about it?

An "almost" full version is provided with Liquid. To see what the latest stand alone version offers take a look here. There's a lot of info on the site regarding how it works, and for $399.00 you can have the full version.Crying
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy