Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Welcome to the User Experience forum !

Last post 06-07-2007, 8:34 by Dabber. 16 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-29-2007, 5:54 8533

Welcome to the User Experience forum !

Hi,

We are frequently getting questions from users who would like to share their experience with Studio or who would like to know if other users are also using Studio for the same purpose. So we decided to open this space to let you know share your experience or to describe your project.

So thanks to use this space and to make it a wonderful window for Studio.

•  05-29-2007, 9:12 8577 in reply to 8533

Re: Welcome to the User Experience forum !

Great idea Bertrand!  You might eventually have to subdivide the material into classifications.

For starters, just a list of links to sites with turorials might be helpful such as:

http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk/

http://www.romskye.com/Site/Indexlist/Indexlist.htm

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Techniques.htm

And there are no doubt others, too ...

•  05-29-2007, 9:51 8587 in reply to 8533

Great Idea!!  Smile

So, is there a place here to post videos or do we still use sites like Romskye.com to share some of our work?

There was a thread on the old forum that had a lot of interest for awhile too.

•  05-29-2007, 10:07 8594 in reply to 8587

Actually, I would recommend a third party site to host videos. You can also use the Pinnacle Share site (more for European customers) or if you are sharing your video with Studio 11 on Yahoo Video.

Let's see what will come. I'm particularly interested in the different markets where Studio is used, I'm sure we will learn a lot. We know that a large number of users are editing with Studio for home movie, but I'm sure that we will discover many different purposes. And thsi will also chaneg from only discussing bugs Smile

•  05-29-2007, 17:47 8725 in reply to 8533

I have a 4-minute music video of a children's song - Lasagna.  2 verses about making it, and 2 verses of the family eating it and enjoying being around the table together.  My daughter has a drama degree and did some interesting directing.  Her family is in it, including my 2 little granddaughters and both sets of grandparents.  It's very cute, and I got the artist's permission.  I don't know how to send it in, though.  Do I need special software, or is it done through Studio? 
  •  05-29-2007, 19:30 8760 in reply to 8725

well you can just post it on Youtube then create a new topic

User Film : Film Name

and put the URL in the info box

•  05-30-2007, 0:27 8795 in reply to 8725

Margaret,

Thanks for this first user experience. Studio 11 gives the possibility to directly export your video from the software to Yahoo Video and then share the content to your friends or to the complete audience. But you can also use YouTube, DailyMotion etc.

•  05-30-2007, 5:09 8839 in reply to 8795

bvregille:

Margaret,

Thanks for this first user experience. Studio 11 gives the possibility to directly export your video from the software to Yahoo Video and then share the content to your friends or to the complete audience. But you can also use YouTube, DailyMotion etc.

I don't know how to do that - export video.  I did sign up for YouTube last night.  Will have to check into Yahoo Video.  I do a lot of video as a hobbiest, but have never gotten into watching or posting on Internet.  Too busy making stuff.

•  05-30-2007, 5:42 8854 in reply to 8839

Margaret,

We are all too busy...

Most of these sites will accept a large majority of video formats (as MPEG, DV AVI, DivX etc) an dat the end, they will rencode your video to a lower resolution. You should not do it with too long movies ...

•  05-30-2007, 17:09 9080 in reply to 8854

bvregille:

Most of these sites will accept a large majority of video formats (as MPEG, DV AVI, DivX etc) an dat the end, they will rencode your video to a lower resolution. You should not do it with too long movies ...

I signed up on YouTube last night.  I tried Yahoo Video today, but I guess I can't do that since my email address is not @yahoo.

I tried to download my Lasagna video, but couldn't figure out which file to use.  I do not understand all the files Studio makes.  The .stx file had no bytes in it.  And it doesn't seem to have a corresponding .avi file, although earlier versions of the project do have .avi.  Should I do Make Movie and have it made into an .avi file?  And then choose that one to download to YouTube.  If this isn't the right place for these questions, tell me where to find the answers, please.  One of the .avi files, an earlier version of Lasagna, has 848 MB.  Is that a reasonable size for doing this?

Thanks.

•  05-30-2007, 17:35 9083 in reply to 9080

ya, create an AVI file, but make it smaller to match the screen size of youtube
  •  05-30-2007, 18:18 9089 in reply to 9083

tenio:
    ya, create an AVI file, but make it smaller to match the screen size of youtube

What does that mean?  How do you do it?  This is a whole new area to me.  It must not be that hard because "everybody's" doing it.  Where are the instructions?

•  05-30-2007, 19:14 9097 in reply to 9089

If you notice youtube & myspace have a 10 minute and 100 MB. limit. I render to a Windows Media High Quality File. This will keep your 800 MB AVI. under 100 MBs. Then go to youtube to upload File.
  •  05-30-2007, 19:27 9101 in reply to 9097

1. Learn how to shoot videos for the Web.

2. Your source video needs to be ideally high resolution. For instance: MOV or AVI file, NTSC 720x480 or VGA 640x480.

3. You need to get a high quality video encoder. Keep in mind that most video editing programs such as Apple Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas, come with an encoding engine so you can export your videos directly from the timeline.

4. YouTube resizes your videos to 320x240 pixels, encodes them to Flash 7 at a data rate of approximately 250 kbps and compresses audio to mp3 (22.050 KHz, monophonic).

5. It's very important that you keep an aspect ratio of 4:3, otherwise the quality of your video will be severely impaired.

6. YouTube recommended settings are:

• MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
    • 320×240 resolution
    • MP3 audio
    • 30 frames per second
  •  05-31-2007, 13:49 9410 in reply to 9101

Good read Tenio.
  •  05-31-2007, 17:05 9529 in reply to 9410

I know there is a shot tutorial just for PINNACLE but i just can't find it anywhere! Sad
  •  06-07-2007, 8:34 11540 in reply to 9529

There are Studio Technique tuitorials at www.pinnaclesys.com/studiotechnique/volXX/tutorial.htm - but I don't know if the one you want is there.

By the way, this link won't work (!) because you need an actual number after vol (i.e. not  XX). You could try  vol10  as a starter. No ?.  Try vol11 - etc. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy