Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

Last post 08-04-2012, 3:14 by akshyaacharya@yahoo.com. 50 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (51 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-11-2008, 15:52 102815

Idea [I] This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

This has been posted before, but I'm sure it's buried somewhere deep.

Folks are still posting about problems regenerating activation keys after getting a new pc or reformatting.

Here's what you do and you'll never have that problem again.

1) Backup your Pixie folder to disk or another hard drive.
    You can find that folder here............
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pinnacle\Pixie

2)  Just before installing Studio on a new hard drive or a new computer, put this folder back where you got it and when you install Studio, all your previously unlocked stuff will be unlocked and ready to go.

(If you cannot find the Pixie Folder go to Conrol Panel | Folder Options | View and check the box, "Show hidden files & folders".)  (Thanks Paul)

There are two of us that just did this with new computers so I know it still works.

•  01-11-2008, 23:14 102881 in reply to 102815

Re: This is a hint about activation keys

New Computer !

Thanks for the info.

•  01-11-2008, 23:44 102886 in reply to 102815

Yep, I had to replace my HDD.  That was 3 months ago and I haven't even loaded S11 Ultimate on my new HDD.... because I was afraid of the hardships involved in making it work again.  I WISHED IT WAS EASIER THAN THIS.  No, I didn't backup my Pixie Folder.  So, here I am... wondering how I am going to get it to work again.  Isn't that terrible since I $paid for my software.  Ooooooooo  Huh?

KGatz007:

This has been posted before, but I'm sure it's buried somewhere deep.

Folks are still posting about problems regenerating activation keys after getting a new pc or reformatting.

Here's what you do and you'll never have that problem again.

1) Backup your Pixie folder to disk or another hard drive.
    You can find that folder here............
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pinnacle\Pixie

2)  Just before installing Studio on a new hard drive or a new computer, put this folder back where you got it and when you install Studio, all your previously unlocked stuff will be unlocked and ready to go.

There are two of us that just did this with new computers so I know it still works.

•  01-13-2008, 6:07 103318 in reply to 102886

If you cannot find the Pixie Folder go to Conrol Panel | Folder Options | View and highlight "Show hidden files & folders".

Paul W. H

•  04-27-2008, 6:06 164762 in reply to 103318

Paul W. H:

If you cannot find the Pixie Folder go to Conrol Panel | Folder Options | View and highlight "Show hidden files & folders".

Paul W. H

Ah yes, I keep forgetting that step.  Thanks Paul.  I have added it to the first post.

•  04-28-2008, 20:58 165893 in reply to 164762

Thanks Kayla, Pinned!
  •  05-20-2008, 17:36 180356 in reply to 102815

Re: This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

Dosh: Just got my S11 upgrade and have Unlock Key not Valid error during installation. I cant even complete the installation. The Unlock key in the error popup is not any key I have ever used. I have had S9, 10, and now 11. I am using a new pc although I did install S10 on it. (Uninstalled as per instructions) I dont know how to get around this so I can't regenerate the keys under S11 or kill the file where this wrong key is?  Any thoughts? Ernie
  •  05-20-2008, 18:06 180365 in reply to 180356

Ernie,

Send me a PM with the ff:

1. Version of Studio along with its Serial (in all caps)
    2. Registered email address
    3. error message that you get.

•  05-21-2008, 15:33 181148 in reply to 180365

Thanks for the reminder... copied it to 2 different locations. Ya never know!
  •  06-13-2008, 14:09 196409 in reply to 181148

One Vista question.  If your backed up Pixie folder is from an XP machine, and your new PC is Vista, what directory does the Pixie folder need to be in prior to the install of Studio on Vista?

BJBBJB

•  06-21-2008, 8:05 200762 in reply to 196409

The answer to your question is in Markk665's post here .
  •  01-24-2009, 15:21 279524 in reply to 102815

THANK YOU SO MUCH,  I DO WISH THAT STUDIO 9 SUPPORT COULD BE AS SMART AS YOU.  I HAVE WORKED ALL DAY LONG ON THIS UNTIL I FOUND YOUR ANSWER.
  •  03-11-2009, 14:53 293647 in reply to 279524

I clicked on the upgrade link in the help menu.

It seems to activate all of the add ons.

•  03-17-2009, 20:31 295029 in reply to 293647

Hello,

Well when I purchased Studio 9 a while back (2006), I upgraded the program by purchasing all the activation keys. About a month ago, I had to replace my hard drive, and I copied the activation keys off my old studio 9 install. Well, now the new install does not accept the activation keys. I contacted technical support, and they said they do not support studio 9 anymore. I also don't have/remember what email address I used to register this product. My new passport # is 00037-97977-37300-05883-91350 . Could somebody help me find the correct activation keys?

Here are the old activation keys I have:

RTFx Plus Effects

LAFSA-MAAAA-ABGGA-CCTLT-APTSL

RTFx Mega Effects

LAFSA-NAAAA-ABGGA-CEHXE-HTSOU

HFX Editor (Plus)

LAFSB-NAAAA-ABGGA-JGFCD-CYYTL

HFX Creator (PRO/MEGA)

LAFSB-OAAAA-ABGGA-HETRC-RNIZW

HFX Plus

LAFSB-QAAAA-ABGGA-OPPKE-AGBXR

HFX PRO

LAFSB-RAAAA-ABGGA-EISBI-JILJG

Dolby 2CH Encoding

LAFSC-FAAAA-ABGGA-GCKRR-APKSN

Dolby 5.1 Consumer Encoding

LAFSC-GAAAA-ABGGA-FELNT-BWUSV

Dolby 5.1 Professional Encoding

LAFSC-HAAAA-ABGGA-AJJLM-WJPBJ

Studio 9 to Studio 9 Plus

LAFSC-IAAAA-ABGGA-ASWVD-XV

MPEG-4 Encoding/Decoding

LAFSC-JAAAA-ABGGA-DDXUP-BGDTX

RTFx Basic Limited

LCEXH-IAAAA-ABGGA-EPRIU-ZVTEY

MPEG-2 Encoding/Decoding

LCEXH-NAAAA-ABGGA-LBNKE-XAQKK

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Al

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

•  07-02-2009, 4:23 319487 in reply to 102815

This works great! I couldn't get my re-install of S12 to accept my activation keys but grabbed the Pixie folder from my backup and now everything is activated as it should be! Big Smile

Thanks!

BTW - Different location in Vista.

•  07-02-2009, 15:19 319640 in reply to 319487

I don't mind paying for a product, but I truly hate all these registration and activation keys.  That is by far the WORST part of Pinnacle Studio.

•  07-02-2009, 16:19 319650 in reply to 319640

Sadly, this is a function of the amount of piracy there is about. It's a clumsy way of Pinnacle protecting it's revenue.

So, in an honest world, who of us can put our hand on our heart and say we have never used a piece of pirated software? I can't. What's more, I've even had software I've written myself pirated!

Even if you can say that, why should the price of software to truly honest users reflect the losses made by the vendor because of the dishonest ones?

Of course, the system could be easier to use, and have less anomolies. For some reason, I've got half of RTFX2 activated on my S12 instalation even though I've never owned it. In deference to Pinnacle, I don't use those effects Wink

•  08-14-2009, 6:27 329766 in reply to 295029

hello

I have a problem. I bought 5 months ago a capture card and now after I formatted the computer I wanted to install the driver but I lost the serial number.

I have pinnacle studio v 10.6 how can I get him?

please help me

thanks anticipated

•  08-14-2009, 7:34 329785 in reply to 319487

Well, it does NOT work for me.  Now, I cannot get it reinstalled on my new computer.  I can't even use it.  I own Studio 12 Ultimate (not the upgrade).

This is pathetic !

I have NO problem in paying for a product, but this is the WORST part of using Pinnacle Studio product.

WHY..... put the customer through this ?!?  This is TERRIBLE.

•  08-15-2009, 21:41 330046 in reply to 329785

AW: Re: This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

I'm sorry to say but loosing a serial number is like loosing anything else such as a key for a door.

The only way to help in such a case is if you registered your serial number and you still know your email address that you used to register. Then we can lookup in our database and tell you the serial number.

•  08-17-2009, 5:21 330223 in reply to 330046

Re: AW: Re: This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

my e-mail is piticul_mutulica@yahoo.com
  •  08-31-2009, 8:13 334399 in reply to 330046

Re: AW: Re: This is a hint about activation keys (Backing up Activation Keys)

I'm having a similar problem.  My hard drive crashed over the weekend and I had to load Pinnacle Studio 9 on a new hard drive.  Everything seems to work fine except for when I try to make an MPEG-2 video.  I get a message saying I "can activate MPEG-2 Encoding/Decoding for Studio 9 instantly by purchasing an Activation Key".  I don't remember ever doing this before when I upgraded from Studio 8 to Studio 9 but I may have.  When I try to activate it I get a message saying that my serial number is invalid.  I'm assuming that the serial number generated from the install on my new hard drive is different than the serial number that was generated during the installation on my previous hard drive.

How do I get the functionality I had, and the ability to build MPEG-2 videos, back?

Here is my email address:  jason_flippen@hotmail.com

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

•  09-07-2009, 13:10 336072 in reply to 102815

KGatz007:

If you put it there before installing PS, won't the install overwrite it?
  •  09-21-2009, 4:20 339596 in reply to 336072

i have a question. What folder have to copy and where? pls help me
  •  10-11-2009, 12:37 345481 in reply to 339596

I'm not finding the Pixie folder in the location specified in this thread. I am finding a pixie folder here:

C/Program Files/Pinnacle/Shared Files/Pixie

Is that the correct one?

Page 1 of 3 (51 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy