Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

•  11-14-2021, 11:45

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

Uncle!  Uncle, I say!

pinholesteve> However if the latest registry tweaks don't pan out, I'll call it a day and go with a total system wipe & reinstall.  

A final update on this.  It turns out the good development folks at Corel in the time of PSU21 got rather carried away in the registry. I'm no registry wizard, so I don't know how to tell it to remove any keys with a key name or value containing 'Pinnacle' - so I was down to removing them one by one. There were only tens of keys in there for other levels I had installed in the past (PSU 16, 17, 19, 23) but PSU21 had in the neighborhood of 4000(!!!) registry keys.  Basically, one for every file (.DLL, etc.) in PSU21 times every language (EN, DE, NL, BR, etc.) they support, plus a whole range of others. Once I realized the size of the task to clean out the registry of all vestiges of Pinnacle, I cried 'uncle'.

A clean install of Win10 on a formatted drive was pretty straightforward, followed by install & test of PSU23 (ran fine, for a change), and then reinstall & reconfig of about 40 other programs / packages. A couple of afternoons later, I'm back up and running.

Thanks Richard & @kiteflyer for chiming in on this. 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy