Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

•  11-10-2021, 10:33

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

kiteflyer:

Hopefully that's all on a separate data drive and not on the system drive. and even if it on the system drive it's all backed up to somewhere such as onedrive or dropbox, meaning a total clean install (deleting all system partitions on the system drive) and reinstalling should only take a couple of hours

The bulk of material is safely off on other drives, and all the per-user folders that Windows likes to put things in (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.) from C: are safely backed up onsite & offsite, so no worries there. It wouldn't be the end of the world having to reinstall Windows and then reinstall & reconfigure a dozen+ other apps/packages/etc, but I'm a bit hesitant about the 'unknown unknowns' that will crop up when trying to get everything back to a working state.  I certainly didn't see my current problem (PSU23 running in some accounts and not others??) coming when I did a very straightforward Win upgrade - but here we are.  Also, it's a very strange & 'interesting' problem, and all things being equal I'd love to 'understand' it if I can, rather than going straight for the nuclear option.  However if the latest registry tweaks don't pan out, I'll call it a day and go with a total system wipe & reinstall. 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy