Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

•  11-10-2021, 10:04

Re: Re:PSU 23 on updated Windows 10 - now starts under some accounts, but not on all

Richard, I think you're spot-on here, and I feel like a bit of a thickie for not considering the registry as a home of per-account data, etc alongside AppData.  In general, the registry is full of Pinnacle junk from previous versions, so obviously even their 'clean out the registry' tool doesn't do a thorough job.  In particular, the HKEY_USERS branch (containing per-account data, I believe) has a bunch of entries too, including a lot associated with my problematic account (the obvious area of interest.) In fact, much of it has a 'last modified' date of when I did the Win10 upgrade (again, which I would have thought would have been cleared out by Pinnacle's registry cleaning too.)  I made a quick pass through with regedit, removing pretty well everything Pinnacle / Corel / Avid-related in the registry associated with the problematic account - but unfortunately there's no change in the startup behavior.  I will probably back out PSU23 again (per Pinnacle's instructions), manually scrub the registry, and then reinstall.  If that doesn't do the trick, I will fall back on the nuclear option.

And also, re: the reinstall of Windows - I think you're right again, about the digital key now being in place & so I should be able to go direct to Win10, w/o having to detour through Win8.1. 

Thanks for the helpful points! 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy