Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Insert editing - How to get clips on other tracks downstream to stay in sync?

•  01-31-2021, 12:01

Re: Insert editing - How to get clips on other tracks downstream to stay in sync?

jjn:
    Tony P:

Have you tried Smart edit mode?

Indeed, that should work if I've understood. People are wary of Smart mode because it used to be flawed, but it's been fixed for some time now.

Thank you Tony and Jeff - I resisted replying until I had tried it ... and, you are right, I have been editing for the past couple of hours using Smart Mode with great success!  Unless there are any hidden flaws that I won’t notice until I review the 45 min programme, Smart mode seems to work like Insert edit but, when you edit out a sentence of dialogue (or whatever) ALL the clips on ALL the tracks downstream pull up, whereas in Insert only the track from which you remove some frames pulls up from the right to close the gap, leaving the others behind.

I confess I am always put off by the word “Smart” as so often the “smartness” causes unwanted repercussions!  In my previous Editor (LE) I only ever used Overwrite and (occasionally) Insert so hadn’t considered Smart Mode.  Thank you for the suggestion - what else does it do that might be useful?  (OK Jeff I’ll get your big book out to see what you say about it!).

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy