Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Insert editing - How to get clips on other tracks downstream to stay in sync?

•  01-29-2021, 19:11

Re: Insert editing - How to get clips on other tracks downstream to stay in sync?

acsscott:
    Put the timeline in overwrite(down arrow) mode.  Shift-ctrl-right click on the clip to the right of where you want to edit.  This will select all clips on all tracks to the right of the edit point.  Click and drag the clips to the right away from where you want to edit.   Make your changes, then shift-ctrl-right click on the clips to the right of the edit.  Then click and drag them back against to left clips.  Nothing changes down stream.   All clips stay in sync.   There is a bug in ps23 & ps24 that sometimes even when the timeline is in overwrite mode, if you drag a new clip onto the timeline it inserts and pushes clips to the right on the same track to the right.  So keep an eye on your sync if you do that. 

Thank you for your help - and pointing out the bug. I have heard it is still present in my PS24U version.  Of course I know about selecting all clips on all tracks to the right using ctrl+shift+click (?right click?) and this is fine in Overwrite mode (I use it a lot),  but the whole point is that I have a 45 minute Zoom interview from which I am cutting out gaps, unwanted sentences etc in Insert mode but (probably foolishly) I went to the end first and completed it using clips on other tracks which have to remain in sync with the main track (some were detached audio while others were SFX). Editing the interview multiple times is quick and easy using Insert but would be very long-winded to use Overwrite then every time having to select all downstream tracks then close the gap up.  Why is there no option to allow Insert automatically pull ALL tracks up in sync when a portion is removed from the main (interview) track? 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy