Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Any Pinnacle Computer Experts Out There?

•  01-07-2020, 12:33

Any Pinnacle Computer Experts Out There?

Hi everyone.  I have not joined in with all of you Pinnacle users yet, but I plan on doing that in the near future.  Along with switching to the new NLE application (PSU23), I am looking into getting a custom-built computer.  I have been scouring the internet with one question, and I’d like to see what you have to say about this.

What is the best drive configuration for HDD, SSD, and M.2 SSD options?  Specifically, what should go on which kind of drive for the optimal performance without over-doing it.  Meaning, not everything has to go on M.2 drives.

What I have come across so far has been a bit confusing.  Here is the breakdown of the elements considered for specific drive installation: OS Drive; Media Cache Drive; Video Drive; Project Drive; Applications Drive; Export Drive; Cache Folders Drive; Media Files Drive; Previews Drive; Pagefile Drive; (not to mention backups and storage).  Obviously, I don’t need 10 individual drives, and I think there is some name duplication with the terminology.  And to be honest with you, I don’t know what all those items are.  Examples: what is the difference between Media Files and Media Cache; Export Drive and a Previews Drive; Project Drive and Video Drive?  Do you see my confusion?

There must be quite a few Pinnacle users that understand all the above terminology.  How would you configure the drives on a new computer?  3 drives, 4 drives, 5 drives, 6 drives?  All SSDs?

Thank you.

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy