Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Studio 22.3 Patch - First Impressions

•  07-21-2019, 23:48

Re: Studio 22.3 Patch - First Impressions

Tks Tony

Re the Un-do and Re-do question. I seem to be able to perform both many times back to the point where the PS session started.  I was thinking along the same lines that the components required for Un-do and Re-do might be stored in Memory or perhaps components such as Deletes & Trimming were not released as the Timeline reduced.

However, I had a large project in progress so decided to test in a single session. Results are a bit confusing (at least to me) and seem to be inconsistent but I’ll try to explain the results as concisely as possible below. Someone more technical than myself may understand the cause.

Start PS and open Project with 2H:52M of AVCHD (.m2ts) clips on the Time line with some Transitions. Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 899,080K / Physical Memory = 46%

Deleted 2 X 8 minute and 3 X 10 minute segments (each took about 70secs to execute). Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 4,607,080K / Physical Memory = 89%

Due to high memory (89%) decided not to do any more editing to avoid PS ‘crashing’; let PS sit idle.

After 30 minutes, Task Manager showed no change in Memory (PWS) or Physical Memory, then the Memory slowly started to release.

After 1H:45M the Memory had reduced to Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 1,001,928K / Physical Memory = 51%. Then stabilised so I tried to Un-do.

Press Un-do: clips in the last Delete immediately appeared back on the Timeline. Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 869,152K / Physical Memory = 50%.

Press Un-do again: clips in the previous Delete immediately appeared back on the Timeline. Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 873,232K / Physical Memory = 50%.

Press Re-do: clips in the last Un-do immediately removed from the Timeline. Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 869,152K / Physical Memory = 50%.

Press Re-do again: Cannot perform task.

After 2H:00M into the session the Memory had reduced to Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 846,660K / Physical Memory = 50%.

Then Deleted 4 X 10 minute segments from the 2H:16M remaining on the Timeline Task Manager: Memory (PWS) = 1,159,756K / Physical Memory = 54%.

CPU ran mostly around 0 to 3% and occasionally jumped up to 15 – 25%.

I guess the issues highlighted are:

1. Why did the Memory remain high at 89% for 30 minutes and then start to reduce?

2. Why did it take 1H:15M (incl the 30 minutes seemingly doing nothing) to slowly release Memory and stabalise?

3. Why did deleting the last 4 X 10 minute segments have minimal impact on Memory compared to the original Deletes?

This is probably only a problem for long-form projects involving larger amounts of data so I’m not sure if it would be useful for Corel to investigate.

It doesn’t explain the jumping Play-head that seems to be related to the PS21 lag issue, which I think Saby explained some time ago was a problem deep in the code. Yes, I've also learned to pace myself to minimise the impact of the jumping play-head.

Thanks again.

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy