Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Studio 9.4 not registering.

•  06-27-2019, 0:31

Re: Studio 9.4 not registering.

I am having a similar problem as well and since Corel acquired Pinnacle Studio I haven't received near the tech support quality as when Avid still retained the rights.  I didn't use my Pinnacle Studio 9.43 with the Bonus content Revision 4 disc I purchased as a supplement ($28.00) and the Instant Activation feature to unlock those components for another $19.99 which was said to be good for as long as you used the software and a host of other plugins I purchased.  I recently was put on a disability pension from my work because of health problems so my wife suggested now that I finally have some time on my hands to put a bunch of our saved home video tapes on DVD so we will always have them as the source tapes are degrading in quality.  I know it's legacy software as they call it however I spent quite a bit of money on it plus the add ons.  I had an older PC in the basement I dusted off and it still works well with Windows XP SP3 which I wanted to use as the dedicated computer just for the video editing and burning purposes.  The software installed fine but trying to activate the standard to plus features it will not let me do.  The regeneration feature only goes to a dead blank popup and one link redirects to Corel that states they no longer support any version from 15 on down.  I know they CAN do it but don't WANT to do it because they either want you to buy a newer program or an upgrade.  My XP machine will only support up to version 10 or at least that is what the specs say from what I can gather.  Next year when Microsoft stops supporting Windows 7 and 8 and moves the corporate world over to Windows 10 I will be shopping for a new Windows 10 computer but until then I was wanting to catch up on this project with the XP computer but was going to probably buy a new Pinnacle Studio program for Windows 10.  So I contacted Corel by telephone and have spoke with 3 different Customer Support representatives and they all said that I would be receiving a call from tech support.  That was a week ago and each time I receive the exact same prepublished EMAIL instead of a tech support phone call stating I have a legacy software program and its's not supported anymore and they suggest I buy new software from them, every time it's worded verbatim like an auto response.  All I'm asking for is what I paid for......no freebies or anything.  This last EMAIL did however contain a link to a survey on the quality of service I have received from Corel so far.  I was very blunt and honest but not rude.  I don't even know if that will be read or brought to anyone's attention like the auto response I got before.  I know they can afford to put the regeneration feature back in so that legacy users can still use the software they invested hundreds of dollars in.  I may go with another vendors software when I buy a new machine next year.  I really don't want to because I enjoyed using the Pinnacle Studio the few times I did use it however the experience with Corel is leaving me with a pretty sour taste towards them thus far.  I also use Roxio which they acquired from Rovi from what I understand  I'm being patient as I can and they may call me but so far it seems they are passing the buck.  I don't know if there are universal codes out there because I was always told that the codes were generated by the serial number and passport I.D. and when they put that regeneration feature in the software it was great.  You had the ability to do most of that yourself instead of tying up the tech support department on the phone.
View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy