Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Opinions of Adobe Premier

•  02-05-2019, 9:09

Opinions of Adobe Premier

Hi everyone,

First off, I don't plan on dropping PS from my workflow.  I'm also a big Camtasia Studio user and often prefer their video editing platform for basic edits.  But for more serious projects where I can't be bothered with little glitches and poor titles......

Are there any PS users in here that also use (or have used) Adobe Premier?  I've had Adobe creative suite sitting on my computer for years.  I just haven't had the time to learn it.  I don't do a lot of crazy things in PS, but the things I do use I feel like it would take months to learn in Premier. I looked at it briefly a couple years ago but felt the learning curve was more than I had the time for.  I also had Sony Vegas and got a little more into that, but ended up feeling the same.  I always came back to Pinnacle Studio.  The software also has a bad rep (Corel, Pinnacle, etc) among editors.  Around here, people ask if you're either FCP or Premier.  I liked it better when I used Avid Studio, then I would just say "Avid".  I know what your thinking, who cares, it's about the final product - and I agree with you.  But it's not the world we live in, and people judge resumes.

My main reason for asking is because it seems maybe I am asking too much from PS and it's time to take the plunge.  For those that use Premier, can you share your experience with it, pros/cons, and any resources you found helpful when you were starting out?  I know Premier is not new software but I feel like I connect with you guys for some reason:)

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy