Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

•  06-05-2018, 16:23

Re: Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

While waiting for Corel Support to respond to my raised Ticket, I have been doing lots of testing, including Captureflux.

I have discovered that Captureflux does not want to run on my laptop (where I do my Dazzle capture) if the charger is connected to the PC.  If I only run on the battery, then I can get Captureflux to run without raising all the Divide by Zero and Address errors which stop it running.  This may be due to my laptop having switchable graphics between the onboard Intel chipset and the AMD Radeon graphics chip.  As the latter is power hungry, I think it is disabled when running on battery.  When running on battery if I plug in the Dazzle unit, Captureflux detects the Dazzle Audio but does not detect the video part, so this is not an option to select in the video source pull down.  This is similar to the response from Studio for Dazzle.

I then looked carefully at the Radeon settings for Applications and for Pinnacle Studio they were set to select the AMD graphics "based on power setting".  I took this to mean that if the charger was connected then AMD would be selected, so I changed the setting for the application listed as Pinnacle Studio to "Power Saving" and now I can use Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle to do video and audio capture.  The selection between 4:3 and 16:9 also works properly. This was something that I could not set properly using Nero to do the video capture.

Going back to Captureflux, presumably because it does not install and is not recognised in the Registry (so it says), there is no application listed in the AMD Control Settings list for it, so I cannot influence the setting for it.  Anyway, I am back to being able to use the Dazzle unit again.

Thank you again for your help. 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy