Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Creating Bluray is going very slow

•  09-22-2014, 3:24

Creating Bluray is going very slow

Hi,

I'm using PS17.6.  I have created a HD project from AVCHD content.  Made parts of 20~25 minutes project length because of slow performance on timeline when creating a bigger project. Assembled parts in a disc-project and made the menus for the project.

Now did start creating a Blu-ray disc ... it takes up to  10 minutes before opening the export window (processor is running 25% while waiting), when I change certain setting it takes that time again (why??).  Now I took the standard setting (fit to disc): 1 hour 38 minutes project is 60% of quality with 7GB free(!) space on a 25GB disc ...

Okay, accepted that result for this moment and started generating.  After 6 hours only 10%(!) was rendered, 3 menu-parts of one minute, and 1 hour of video. But, after 6 hours not ready yet.  That while all cores (4) of the processor are running nearly the maximum of its speed all the time.

I started with Avid Studio 16, went to PS16, but didn’t get this worse performance in that time.  I have a quadcore Intel i7-2600 3,4GHz processor, 64 bits Windows 7, 16GB of RAM and bought a few months ago a new Nvidia GeForce GT630 2GB graphic card to get better performance …

Does anyone have a good solution to get better performance?  Thanks in advance! 

Regards,
    Richard

NB  Did try to install the older version (16.1) again, but that one doesn't install anymore, maybe because of Windows updates? 

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy