Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: ADVICE WANTED FOR NEW W7 PC FOR S12

•  02-12-2014, 13:36

Re: ADVICE WANTED FOR NEW W7 PC FOR S12

Thanks to one of Ramon’s links I think I’ve finally managed to install and transfer my S10+ TE Bonus Disk and transfer it to S12.

The method involved transferring the Bonus Contents to a file on the desktop and opening and installing it from there via the XP Compatibility method. When I then used the S12 Transfer process it spent some time transferring it and I now have many more effects.

Via one of Ramon’s links I also found a workaround to get S12 to recognise my Hollywood FX Plus – http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/Hollywood-FX-Plus-Pro-Mega-in-Studio-12-and-14. But that doesn’t seem to have worked successfully. The programme is definitely there in the Pinnacle programme folder (SS below) but I can’t see any of the transitions in the S12 drop down list.

I was able to follow the 2nd and 3rd options given in Item 6 to enter the serial number again (I’d already done that once when I first installed it) and each time it said that I’d unlocked it, but the effects still don’t show in S12. I had difficulty following the 1st option because W7 doesn’t seem to operate that way. If anyone can advise then I’ll try it. The suggested route was:-

Open Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Pinnacle\Content\HollywoodFX\ and double-click on HfxSerial.exe

But I’ve definitely moved forward and got many more effects than before so if I can’t get HFX+ then I’ll manage with what I’ve got.

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy