Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Q - Help with FADE fundamentals

•  10-02-2011, 20:30

Q - Help with FADE fundamentals

When stringing together a number of video clips, and very simply applying a simple transition with the mouse on the time line there seems to be 2 effects, and 3 indicators:

Effects:

1. Prior video continues motion while fading out, and next video is in motion while fading in
    2. Prior video freezes on last frame while fading out, and next video is in motion while fading in.

Indicators:

1. The area above the fade ramp on the time line is blue (when effect 1 is in place)
    2. The area above the fade ramp on the time line is pink (red/purple, what ever) when effect 2 is in place
    3. Rarely the area above the fade ramp on the time line is grey, this seems to be transitory, not sure what effect this is for.

Sometimes the transition seems to be created with the first effect, and sometimes with the 2nd effect.  For example, I am trying to make a sequence of clips all transition with the first effect. So the task is to turn all the pink transitions blue.

Logically it seems like there needs to be an overlap of video action to make this happen. So I tried dragging the clip that is AFTER the transition to the left, into/over the clip that is BEFORE the transition. As I do this the pink area becomes blue in proportion to the amount of time the overlap is to the duration of the transition. This part looks pretty good, and it seems to produce the right result.  But what is unexpected is that there is a new little clip appearing AFTER the clip on the right, which is the same duration as the transition. It's like if one clip intrudes on to another, then the residual is like some kind of automatic clip split??

I would have to play some more to be sure, but it might get effect 1 / blue, when the left clip has been edited to be shorter??

I just want to do away with the pink transitions and make them all blue, without these side effects.  Can someone please explain the timeline editor mechanics regarding this to me??

Many thanks in advance.

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy