Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Studio 12 installed on a new 64-bit widows 7 computer

•  03-27-2010, 12:00

Re: Studio 12 installed on a new 64-bit widows 7 computer

Aha!  I think I have solved it!

After a lot of experimenting, I think my problem is related to the .cos2 files.  When I converted to my new computer, I arbitrarily copied over all the cos2 files along with my original directory structure.  When I was trying to figure out my problem, I copied only the wmv files to various directories, trying to find some combination that worked.

Of course, Pinnacle re-created the cos2 files each time I copied the clips around my computer.  But in the original directory, it was still trying to access the cos2 files that I had copied from my old computer.

On a whim, I deleted all the cos2 files from the original directory that I had copied from my old computer.  Shazaam!  Pinnacle re-created the cos2 files and now everything works perfectly.

Is that possible?  Is it possible that cos2 files from old computers just need to be deleted and then re-created?

I've always considered cos2 files to be somewhat of a nuisance.  If my hunch is really true, they're a nuisance that just caused me to lose several hours of productivity while trying to solve this problem.  <sigh>

Filed under:
View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy