Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Re: Studio 14 HD & Double-layer DVDs

•  01-06-2010, 8:22

Re: Studio 14 HD & Double-layer DVDs

I have contacted Avid support center in this matter and I got an answer:

Please uninstall ALL Studio versions installed as shown below:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel

2. In Windows XP click on Add or Remove Programs. In Windows Vista click on Programs > Uninstall a program.

3. Select Studio 14 and click the Remove button (Windows XP), or the Uninstall button (Windows Vista). Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the software.

4. Delete the Studio 14 folder. By default the location for this is C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 14.

Note: This folder may or may not be present depending on what contents were installed.

5. Perform a Windows search for Pixie. If it finds a Pixie folder, make a copy of it, and then delete it.

6. If you have an install disc: Insert your Studio 14 disc into the DVD drive. The DVD should auto-launch. If it does not, use Windows Explorer to browse to the DVD. Look In the Setup folder, click on the setup.exe file to begin the installation of Studio 14.

7. If you have a download version: If you have a download version of Studio 14, start the installation of the Studio software by locating the Downloads folder that was created in the download, open it, and double click on the Pinnacle_Studio_v14_Setup.part1.exe file to begin the install. Then run Regdelete for all options: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Studio+Plus+11+Support/Download+Area/Tools/RegDelete+11.htm?mode=documents

Search the hard drive for all Pinnacle "Pixie" files and remove them. Search the hard drive for all "Pinnacle" folders and remove them. Run CCleaner and let it clean out all temp files from the system. www.ccleaner.com

Run CCleaner and use its registry cleaning part to remove all "Pinnacle" and "Pixie" entries found. Reboot the PC. Close any background apps that might interfere with the installation (ie anti-virus/anti-spyware) - disconnect from internet temporarily if concerned about system security.

Install Studio again, but this time run the Welcome.exe file on the CD by right-clicking on it and choosing "Run as Administrator"

---

As a result I was not able to reinstall Studio14 until I removed software using Revo Uninstaller. After reinstallation something appears to be different; when I created DL VIDEO_TS file into hard drive, I was able to watch video until certain point using CybeLink Power DVD and Nero Showtime. After that Pc seems to read TS-file, but without video and audio output (time counter was increasing). Although I was able to go back to title page using (Power DVD) control keys. I suppose that point is when I have reached end of layer 1 capacity. I have tried to create TS-file with and without locking video and audio tracks. I am sure that it's no use to burn DVDs until I can watch video from hard drive correctly.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Studio 14 Ultimate.

View Complete Thread
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy