Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

When are they going to release an update that solves problems with improved performance, etc.?

Last post 01-12-2021, 16:36 by victorvideomaker. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-07-2021, 18:12 810435

When are they going to release an update that solves problems with improved performance, etc.?

I hope that the effects are actually used by the gpu and that it uses all the program's processor cores, improving performance in the timeline preview and rendering. I like the pinnacle, but there are things I can't do about it. Referring to ps 24
  •  01-08-2021, 4:46 810456 in reply to 810435

Re: When are they going to release an update that solves problems with improved performance, etc.?

...you would be referring to every editor, not just Pinnacle.

The plugins are the responsibility of their programmers. 

But yeah.... I too would love this!

•  01-08-2021, 13:17 810475 in reply to 810456

Re: When are they going to release an update that solves problems with improved performance, etc.?

Here is a forum for pinnacle consumers, so in this forum for me, if you are a customer of pinnacle products, I mean pinnacle studio, in addition to pinnacle, the other software I use is adobes and I pay attention to collect and report bugs on specific adobe forum. So here I am talking about pinnacle studio and I am not getting anything to defend pinnacle or to advertise the program has deficiencies that I as a consumer user have to report and charge.
  •  01-08-2021, 14:41 810478 in reply to 810475

What "bug" are you reporting?

•  01-08-2021, 17:42 810483 in reply to 810478

If you look at some of my old posts here in the forum you will see the bugs and performance that I report in ps 24, since you asked I will leave only one that I find the program more annoying to crash and restart the rest I have been commenting here on the forum.You and the pinnacle studio support team ??

•  01-08-2021, 21:09 810489 in reply to 810483

1. Volunteers don't have time to go back and make a list of your issues.  No one gets paid here, we are just users like you.  Yes, some users have connections to report documented and reproducible issues.  If the issues are important to you, you should make a list of each one and exact instructions on how to reproduce each issue so it can be reproduced by other users, and then addressed.  Rants and complaints get nowhere, just ignored.

2. PS24 main source of crashing is the title editor and virtual mask, which are both new for this version.  One of the main issues in PS23 & PS24 is not enough virtual memory.  Physical memory will not work.  One PS23 user has 128gigs of physical memory and still needs to have virtual memory to edit without crashing.  The manner in which PS now opens the video clips on the timeline forces Windows 10 to keep portions the source files cached.   Windows 10 will only cache these files in Virtual memory, not physical memory.  This is a Windows issue, not PS issue.  PS shouldn't have to do housekeeping for Windows.  I have found that to work on a 15 minute long 4K 60fps project, I need at least 48gigs of virtual memory.  I just did a 29 minute 4K 60fps video and had to increase my virtual memory to 64gigs to be able to edit and export successfully.

•  01-09-2021, 12:48 810510 in reply to 810489

You might want to check your Nvidia drivers.  Nvidia forced a driver update to improve game performance on Cyberpunk 2077 28.  It broke 9 basic functions of the Nvidia driver for those who don't play games.  What are the symptoms?  Repeated program crashes.  Just an idea.
  •  01-09-2021, 12:50 810511 in reply to 810510

The driver issue affects 1000 series Nvidia cards, which according to your signature bio, you are running.
  •  01-09-2021, 14:13 810525 in reply to 810511

acsscott:
    The driver issue affects 1000 series Nvidia cards, which according to your signature bio, you are running.
    Yes since inception when I bought ps 24 I have been reporting the problems here on the forum it was not necessary to make an initial listing I was recommended to return the program and ask for a refund more as I have been using pinnacle products for a long time nothing more fair to charge and wait for a big update to solve the problems, about my nvidia drives I will update today to see what to give the problem of the program crashing and restarting and that delayed editing time spending more time and energy consumed.
  •  01-09-2021, 15:26 810534 in reply to 810525

You should un update your nvidia drivers and go back to a driver version someone on this forum says works.
  •  01-12-2021, 16:36 810643 in reply to 810534

acsscott:
    You should un update your nvidia drivers and go back to a driver version someone on this forum says works.
    The update of the nvidia drivers improved the issue of the titrator a little more, but the program still crashes, I made this opening with a pinnacle titrator 24.     https://youtu.be/ysjw7z5ZTmM
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy