Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Dazzle import problems after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2 or 2004

Last post 01-31-2021, 14:26 by gedall40. 53 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (54 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-06-2021, 14:18 810387 in reply to 810317

Re: Dazzle import problems after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2 or 2004

I've had a message from Pinnacle that they are working hard to sort this issue out. I suspect that the holiday and pandemic are the root cause of the delay. I'm hoping a Pinnalce representative will make an annomncement when he has a firm timescale.
  •  01-07-2021, 18:51 810438 in reply to 810387

jjn:
    I've had a message from Pinnacle that they are working hard to sort this issue out. I suspect that the holiday and pandemic are the root cause of the delay. I'm hoping a Pinnalce representative will make an annomncement when he has a firm timescale.

Thank you for the update.  I greatly appreciate it! 

•  01-08-2021, 14:03 810476 in reply to 810438

We are indeed working on this, with urgency.  The fix for the driver problem affecting AMD is still underway, and we are making good progress.  How we can address the preview audio buzz is also in progress.  

I don't have any kind of firm expected date yet, best guess I can make now is 3 weeks.  

•  01-09-2021, 13:47 810518 in reply to 810476

I also ran into this problem with Dazzle.  Right in the middle of a project digitizing dozens of old VHS tapes.  Per Corel's suggestion, I totally removed PS24 full version and installed the Pinnacle for Dazzle (basically a PS23 update).  I could record from the Dazzle, but couldn't edit much without it crashing.  I re-installed PS24 full version and was then able to edit with full functionality.  However, exporting became and issue.  I have a Blu-ray player that I've used for years to check playbility of the DVDs I burn.  Never had an issue, whether DVD, DVD-DL, or Blu-ray.  Now, every DVD or DVD-DL I burn cannot be played on my Blu-ray player.  I've tried both DVD-R and DVD+Rs, same result.  Just one more thing to ensure gets fixed in the sometime in the future to come version of PS24.
  •  01-09-2021, 14:47 810531 in reply to 810518

Is this an "old" Dazzle (DVC 100/103/015) or the new device that looks very similar but has different hardware that they have been selling for a year or two now?
  •  01-09-2021, 17:18 810539 in reply to 810531

That would be the "new" Dazzle.  Replacing my "old" Dazzle with a new one was one of the first things I did, to see if it was a hardware issue.  So I've kept it.
  •  01-09-2021, 17:29 810540 in reply to 810539

Just to be clear, I use Pinnacle Dazzle (which is version 23) to record thru the Dazzle device.  I can't use it to edit, as it constantly crashes on me.  So after recording, I exit Pinnacle Dazzle and run PS24 to do the editing and burning.  I've tried burning using PS Dazzle, but again it just crashes.  So it's strictly for Dazzle importing. 

•  01-09-2021, 18:29 810541 in reply to 810540

That's confused me even more. You have two bits of hardware but the problems started with the old one? Did this coincide with a Windows update to 2004 or 20h0?
  •  01-09-2021, 18:56 810543 in reply to 810541

My apologies.  I'm just a bit frustrated, as I've had issues with PS24 for the past few months.

I had problems of a different sort (hard drive issues) that caused issues with PS24 about 6 months ago.  I ended up buying a new Dazzle, as well as replacing my old 5400rpm hard drive with a 7200rpm one as well as reloading Windows 10 on a SSD.  I have a second SSD that I use for the rendering files and other files related to PS24 data.  Not sure which version of Windows 10 started the problem.  I have 20H2 now.

Once I got that all worked out, I had the issues with the Windows 10 version and the new Dazzle, leading me to implement the solution Corel Tech Spt suggested; replacing PS24 with PS Dazzle 23. Could then import thru the Dazzle device, but any attempt to edit or export resulted in a program crash.  Reloaded PS24.  Now I use PS Dazzle 23 to import, and PS24 to edit. Trying to export onto DVDs (not using Pinnacles MyDVD, but legacy exporting), and having issues.  DVDs play in an old VCR/DVD player I have, but not in the Blu-ray player that I'd been using for years without problems.  Blu-ray still plays DVDs that I made before all these issues started.  Doesn't matter if the DVD is 4.7GB or 8.5GB, DVD-R or DVD+R.  Going to try burning this 27 minute video onto a Blu-ray just to test it out.

•  01-10-2021, 3:29 810553 in reply to 810543

There's too much going on there to conclusivly prove this is entirely down to the Dazzle or the Dazzle software. There could be a number of non-related issues happening at the same time - bugs in 24, Windows incompatibilities, Legacy authouring not being maintained in relation to Windows updates

What  I guess I'm saying is that just sorting PS24 out so that it works with the "new" Dazzle and Windows 20H0 (and illiminating the need for PSFD) may have no effect on your optical disc issues.

I'm hearing from other people that buring, particularly of Blu-rays, have become flaky in 24. Most worring is that Support's "answer" is tell people to use MyDVD.

•  01-10-2021, 8:30 810560 in reply to 810553

Well, I just burned that 27 minute video to a Blu-ray disc.  My blu-ray player, which I use daily for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays, recognized that it was a Blu-ray disc, but could not play it.

If their decision is to get rid of legacy authoring and force me to use MyDVD, they're taking away my creativity and ability to do the work my customers want from me.  At that point, I'll need a whole new software suite.  Any recommendations on software to replace Pinnacle Studio? 

•  01-10-2021, 8:53 810562 in reply to 810560

Just for grins and giggles, I tried to install PS22.  The installation encountered a problem while installing the drivers.  I guess the windows update issue isn't limited to PS23 and PS24.
  •  01-21-2021, 20:54 810868 in reply to 810560

Well, I'm torn.  I have 10 days left in my return eligibility for my Dazzle with Amazon.  Do I return it, or do I hold out hope that Pinnacle will still fix it for use with full Pinnacle Studio?  The only reason I debate is because I bought it on sale for only $30 USD (normally $79 USD).  For that price, if they do fix it, I'll wish I'd kept it.  But if they never do fix it, I'll be ticked that I did keep it and have a $30 paper weight (and it's not even much of a weight).

Ralph_Jones:

If their decision is to get rid of legacy authoring and force me to use MyDVD, they're taking away my creativity and ability to do the work my customers want from me.  At that point, I'll need a whole new software suite.  Any recommendations on software to replace Pinnacle Studio? 

This is not really the topic this thread is about, but I do agree, if they do away legacy authoring, I'll have to do away with Pinnacle Studio.  I guess unless they've made MyDVD feature comparable. 

•  01-22-2021, 2:50 810872 in reply to 810868

I'm still waiting for an answer from Pinnacle directly - I've been waiting two weeks now. If I was in your position I'd send it back now. If it is fixed, you can always repurchase.

I don't think that they will ever remove Legacy authoring, I just worry that they aren't maintaining it. Let's be clear here - these are two seperate issues. Ralph, in another thread, now informs us that he was trying to use copy protected material.

BTW. MyDVD has been improved over the last couple of years - the features are more flexible now. I still prefer Legacy, but when I revisited MyDVD recenly it could do more than before.

•  01-23-2021, 10:41 810978 in reply to 810128

I ran into the same issue.  My "temporary" solution was to do exactly what Pinnacle/Corel told me (and you) to do.  I uninstalled Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate.  Then installed their Dazzle version, which is PS23.  I was then able to import video thru my Dazzle device.  Then I re-installed PS24 Ultimate.  I use their Dazzle PS23 to capture, and my PS24 Ultimate to edit.
  •  01-23-2021, 11:52 810988 in reply to 810978

Did you use the software that came with the disk? That drops frames like mad. And even with the new software the audio distorts.

That's a really poor solution, BTW, particularly if you don't own PS24, because the Dazzle software can't co-exist with PS23.

•  01-23-2021, 20:39 811036 in reply to 810988

jjn:
    I'm still waiting for an answer from Pinnacle directly - I've been waiting two weeks now. If I was in your position I'd send it back now. If it is fixed, you can always repurchase.

The price is the only reason I'm debating.  Again, I got for a HECK of a deal, one I'd never seen before, and may not see again.  If I'd paid regular price, or even a moderate sale price, I would absolutely return and re-purchase. But I'm afraid that if I return it, I may not ever be able to re-purchase for that price, or at least not for a long time.  And to be honest, the deep sale price is the only reason I bought it.  I would never have paid regular price, or even a moderate sale price for it.  So the real likelihood if I return it is that I simply will never repurchase.  I'll buy some other product instead or just live with the cheap one I bought a year or so ago.  I works for most things, but on some things the capture isn't the cleanest.  I was hoping the Dazzle would fix that.  But I'm leaning toward returning the Dazzle.

Ralph_Jones:
    I ran into the same issue.  My "temporary" solution was to do exactly what Pinnacle/Corel told me (and you) to do.  I uninstalled Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate.  Then installed their Dazzle version, which is PS23.  I was then able to import video thru my Dazzle device.  Then I re-installed PS24 Ultimate.  I use their Dazzle PS23 to capture, and my PS24 Ultimate to edit.

I think this is the first confirmation I've seen that someone successfully reinstalled PS24 over the Dazzle PS23 version.  Good to have that confirmed.  That said, PS already takes up a ton of space on my hard drive.  I don't need 2 versions of it taking up double the hard drive space just to capture using the Dazzle.

jjn:
    Did you use the software that came with the disk? That drops frames like mad. And even with the new software the audio distorts.

That's a really poor solution, BTW, particularly if you don't own PS24, because the Dazzle software can't co-exist with PS23.

I'm not sure, but I think that frame drop issue with the Dazzle might have also been tied to the 2004 Win 10 update and might be resolved with the new updated drivers and new version of the "Dazzle" version of the software.  I can't be sure though.  I'm not going to try it.

I know that Dazzle PS won't install over PS23, but I'm not entirely sure that PS23 can't be reinstalled alongside Dazzle PS, like 24 can.  Although yes, it would not surprise me if can't if Dazzle PS is indeed technically also PS23.  PS23 is what I have.  I may try it on a test PC or virtual machine if I get a chance (installing Dazzle PS then installing PS23 alongside that).  Though as above, I don't accept that as a valid solution due to the unnecessary additional hard disk space the Dazzle software would take up to simply use the Dazzle capture function within it.
  •  01-24-2021, 3:09 811041 in reply to 811036

If you only bought it because it was so cheap, then you don't really need it. I'd venture to suggest.

As you can see earlier in this thread, the timescale given by Glus is "3 weeks", dated 8 January. I've done all I can to get a satifactory solution/response to this matterbut the way Suppport is behaving - stonewalling, basically -  is making me question my voluntary involvement with the company and my role as moderator on this forum. I only actually bought the Dazzle so I could help people with this issue.

•  01-24-2021, 10:57 811059 in reply to 811041

jjn:
    If you only bought it because it was so cheap, then you don't really need it. I'd venture to suggest.

Well yes, now that you mention it, I don't really "need" it.  It's more of a convenience.  I'm not a professional video producer.  Everything I do is personal use.  I have some old personal VHS I would like to convert.  As I mentioned before, I purchased a cheap $15 USB analog video capture device a year or so ago that works for most things, but a few things have tripped it up.  I also don't really care for the capture software that is included with it.  When I bought it I had hoped that Pinnacle Studio would have been able to import using it, but as someone else mentioned in this thread, Pinnacle seems to have purposely, selfishly, programmed Pinnacle Studio to NOT recognize any other kind of analog USB capture device except Dazzle.  So given the super cheap price of the Dazzle, I thought it would be nice to have a capture that I could perform integrated with PS.  Little did I know when I bought the Dazzle...

jjn:
    As you can see earlier in this thread, the timescale given by Glus is "3 weeks", dated 8 January. I've done all I can to get a satifactory solution/response to this matterbut the way Suppport is behaving - stonewalling, basically -  is making me question my voluntary involvement with the company and my role as moderator on this forum. I only actually bought the Dazzle so I could help people with this issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Honestly, Dazzle aside, I've questioned the use of Pinnacle Studio itself for a long time.  User interface-wise and bang for the buck, I love it, especially the legacy disc authoring.  But the software is SO finnicky, there always seems to be SOMETHING that's not quite right.  I guess I don't have enough experience to know if other software has similar issues, but PS just never seems to be 100% functional in all areas.  (Even before the most recent issues with the 2004 Win 10 update.)  It almost seems more trouble than it's worth, but I can't afford high-end video editing/authoring software, so I stick with PS and put up with the issues.

•  01-24-2021, 12:45 811067 in reply to 811059

I've solved my import problem.  I bought some video (HDMI, composite, component) to USB converters.  I bought some video capture software (Bandicam) that can capture HD from the USB source.  Works real well.  I'll be removing PS23 Dazzle in a moment.  Now I capture thru the USB devices and then edit using PS24 Ultimate.  It works great.  Anybody want to buy a slightly used Dazzle device?

I too, really like the features and editing flexibility at a decent price that PS gives me.  Likewise, I'm really getting tired of having to "work around" the things that PS used to do but no longer does.  I started with PS16.  Now I'm on PS24.  I'm looking around, so I probably won't make it to PS25.  It's all up to Pinnacle/Corel and what they do in the next 30 days or so.

•  01-25-2021, 4:27 811091 in reply to 811067

There have been posts in the past of people using Bandicam and ending up with out of sync video when they put it into PS. I think when Bandicam drops frames it makes a varible frame rate video file (and doesn't report dropped frames)

Your USB video conversion dongles might appear in the PS Importer, have you tested them in that?

•  01-25-2021, 15:01 811126 in reply to 811091

Yes, I tried them in the Importer in PS24 Ultimate, but they don't show up.  Didn't try them in PS23 Dazzle because I got rid of that.  I'll have to look into that audio synch issue from Bandicam to PS24.  Thanks for the heads up.

•  01-25-2021, 16:47 811132 in reply to 811126

Ralph_Jones:
    Yes, I tried them in the Importer in PS24 Ultimate, but they don't show up.  Didn't try them in PS23 Dazzle because I got rid of that.  I'll have to look into that audio synch issue from Bandicam to PS24.  Thanks for the heads up.

"Just for laughs" I tried an August VGB100 USB capture device with PS for Dazzle - and it's no more generous in allowing any non-Pinnacle capture devices than full versions of Pinnacle Studio. Sad

•  01-25-2021, 18:40 811135 in reply to 811132

The USB 3.0 <HDMI adaptor that I use to convert my GoPro to a webcam does show up in MultiCam Lite, even when plugged up with an HDMI HD feed from Satelite box, but not in Studio.
  •  01-30-2021, 14:03 811338 in reply to 808959

Well, I have returned my Dazzle to Amazon.  Hopefully I luck out and Pinnacle fixes the issues, and I can find it on sale for a good price in the future.
Page 2 of 3 (54 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy