Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Importing: Timer Starts Over / Timer resets itself - SOLUTION

Last post 08-01-2020, 12:10 by Candive. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-13-2020, 8:43 801695

Importing: Timer Starts Over / Timer resets itself - SOLUTION

Problem:
    I've been converting old video tapes to digital by using the Import function.
    One of the tapes turned out to be over 4 hours long.
    At about 3½ hours, the counter suddenly just started over at 00:00:00. No explanation, no warning, just did.

FIX:
    Open Pinnacle Studio.
    Click Import to open the Studio Importer.
    On the left side, kinda middle, find the Import to box showing the path for where the file is to be sent.
    In that box is a 'fullness bar' of the storage location. If the storage location is very full, remove some of the files or find a different location.
    NOTE: I'm not saying that the intended storage folder is too full. Mine was empty. But my C:\ drive was too full and kept the videos from being stored, so I emptied out a bunch of temporary files from other programs.

How I found it:
    I remembered an earlier problem where the digital files simply weren't saving. No error message, just nothing there.
    So I looked and, sure enough, my hard drive was getting full.
    So I cleaned out a bunch of old stuff, freed up 30GB, and tried again. POOF! 4¼ hours of video converted and saved fine!

See my post on Not All (or none) Imported Files Appear In Storage Location - No Warning Given - SOLUTION

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/801694.aspx

•  08-01-2020, 12:10 802112 in reply to 801695

Re: Importing: Timer Starts Over / Timer resets itself - SOLUTION

Hi Zenith,

Thanks for the reminder for all of us to keep our drives clean. SmileYes

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy