Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Need help with placing effects in 22 ultimate

Last post 09-12-2019, 12:44 by saby. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-11-2019, 5:00 788264

Need help with placing effects in 22 ultimate

I am new to Pinnacle Studio 22 ultimate and its been years since i've edited anything. I added a video to the timeline and im trying to add effects into the middle of the clips but every effect i add covers the entire clip length instead of starting where i try to drag it to from the library. I know i can go to the editor and find the effect that is applied and change certain properties but it doesn't give any way to choose where the effects begins and ends only how the effect looks like. I thought maybe i could use the keyframe setting and place where i want it to start but while i can choose where the effect changes it locks where it starts and ends.The only methods i have found around this would be to make two cuts to make a small clip and then adding the effect just to that one clip but that seems way too tedious especially if you have a long project with a lot of effects that are less than a second. I could swear years ago you could just drag and drop the effect onto the timeline and it would be seen and you could drag that effect to increase or decrease duration and choose the starting or end point. I understand transitions may need to be at the beginning and end of a clip but effects are supposed to be in the middle so can someone please tell me how to do that or is it not possible in pinnacle 22?
  •  09-11-2019, 5:52 788266 in reply to 788264

Re:Need help with placing effects in 22 ultimate

There are no other ways than the 2 you describe :

. Split the clip into pieces and apply the effect to one piece

. Apply the effect to the whole clip and use key frames to desactivate settings of the effect where needed inside the clip

•  09-12-2019, 12:44 788319 in reply to 788264

Re:Need help with placing effects in 22 ultimate

Bobert:
    I could swear years ago you could just drag and drop the effect onto the timeline and it would be seen and you could drag that effect to increase or decrease duration and choose the starting or end point.

Don't bet too much money on it. You would lose it all.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy