Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Title Won't Display

Last post 09-19-2019, 16:05 by Tony P. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-02-2019, 19:06 787928

Title Won't Display

Using Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 21 

Getting the following sporadically:

1. I create a Title to appear at the beginning of a clip - some text with entry and exit motion specified

2. I move the cursor back and forth a couple of times and the Title appears and behaves as expected

3. Some time later, I come back to this point in the timeline and make a change or two; e.g. clip1 fades out and clip2 fades in and the Title is positioned above clip2 and I change the duration of the fade-out and the duration of the  fade-in (from 3 secs to 2 secs in each case)

4. Now the screen just stays black thru the fade-in and no Title appears.

5. This unexpected behaviour has occured maddingly throughout my video in apparently random areas. Some transitions and Titles continue to work even when edited.

Any suggestions, anybody? 

•  09-03-2019, 5:30 787940 in reply to 787928

Re: Title Won't Display

Yes, let everything render out. What is Optimization set at? Render while play?

Every time you change something, to see the effect, you have to let everything re-render.

•  09-03-2019, 20:30 787955 in reply to 787940

Hi Tony.

Thanks for your reply. Optimization is set to 100 (default, I believe). Render while play is set to Automatic (I tried On, as well).

By "re-render", I assume you mean the mustard colored bar above the Title which slowly turns green? I always wait for it to complete when it occurs (which isn't always, it seems).

A couple of curiosities:

1. I click on "T" on the Toolbar and the Title Editor appears with an image but no sign of the "Your Text Here" block (this is relatively recent behaviour) It's as if the "Your Text Here" block is somehow behind the image it's supposed to overlay.. If I Cancel and click on "T" again, the Title Editor comes up again, same image but with the "Your Text Here" block ready for input. Adding my input and saving it and waiting for re-rendering to complete makes no difference. Playing thru the timeline still results in a black screen where the overlaid title should be. Oddly enough, after the first cancel, a Title Block image does appear on an unused A/V Track. No rendering takes place but playing the Timeline from that point results in a black screen.

2. My most recent Export operation (MP4) had a series of clips that were supposed to dissolve into each other (and had in the past). This time, those dissolves were replaced by black screens for the duration of the dissolve (3 secs). Playing the timeline now at those clips, the dissolves appear to be intact.

This is driving me crazy. 

•  09-03-2019, 20:45 787956 in reply to 787955

This is very strange?  Do you have an Nvidia graphics card?
  •  09-04-2019, 5:23 787971 in reply to 787955

First, how about finishing filling out your user profile. Especially your computer specs. See mine below for an example. This helps in trying to figure out what is going on.

If you load the sample movie project, The Sky Is The Limit onto the timeline, if you try using a title there (anywhere), does is appear correctly?

What other programs do you have running in the background while editing?  Anti virus/malware, etc.?

And like the question asked above, you would not be using an Nvidia graphics card, would you? If so, set Hardware Acceleration to NONE. Setup>Control Panel>Export and Preview.

•  09-04-2019, 18:56 788005 in reply to 787971

OK. User profile updated.

I just tried the sample program and everything works fine, as expected. 

I don't have an Nvidia graphoics card but I see that Hardware Acceleration is set to NONE by default.

I really think some key setting got changed in the Title Processing area because everything was working just fine on my earlier versions of this video. It's something that's just started happening and many of the Titles added earlier still work fine. The problem arises when I try to add a new one or change an existing one.

I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. 

P.S. How do you get the System Info to display automatically. I entered the info that follows in my Profile setting. Is there something else I need to do? 

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809

3.70 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8700K

Multi-core (6 total)

Hyper-threaded (12 total)

16GB Installed Memory DDR4 2400

MSI GTX960 (2GB Graphics card)

WD 512GB SSD Drive

•  09-10-2019, 16:56 788256 in reply to 788005

OK. I finally got around my problem by doing a product Reset (Setup/Control Panel/Reset). That didn't 100% solve the problem, but was enough to allow me to complete my project with Titles and Transitions in place. Oddly, though, creating a new Title required these steps:

1. Click on "T" on the Toolbar
        - the image appears but in front where other layers, including the "Your Text Here" box, are obscured

2. Cancel
        - in spite of the "Cancel", a Title icon appears on A/V Track 4, the first available one not used by my Project 

3. Click on "T" on the Toolbar again
        - this time, the image appears but the "Your TextHere" box plus the two other outline frames appear in front where they're visible

4. I enter my text and specify Entry and Exit Motions and click on OK

- a second Title icon appears on A/V Track 1 where I'd expect it to be

5. For certain Transitions, e.g. "Push Left", where the next frame is a photo image that doesn't fill the frame (e.g. a portrait mode pic), the phrase "Your Text Here" is visible in the gap. I got around this by editing the Title appearing on A/V Track 4 and clicking on the just visible frame outline under the image. This is enough to get the "Your Text Here" phrase into the text box in the upper part of the control section where I could erase it and then click OK.

Adding a Title to a brand new project doesn't trigger any of these problems, so, clearly, something got mis-set in my Project settings and I don't have enough experience to determine what it is. 

•  09-19-2019, 16:05 788587 in reply to 788256

Can you add a screenshot of your timeline?

Here's HOW

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy