Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Is it worth upgrading to Pinnacle studio 22 from 21.5 ?

Last post 06-13-2019, 10:53 by Tony P. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-11-2019, 9:03 785660

Is it worth upgrading to Pinnacle studio 22 from 21.5 ?

Hi,

i have been a PS user for many years. I have been using version 21.5 Ultimate for about a year and it has given me a lot of grief. It crashes a lot and I had to reinstall it quite a few times. The latest crash happened a couple of weeks ago and I tried reinstalling it many times but the application just will not open. I used Revo to remove all the Pinnacle associated files and reinstalled PS once again but it still will not open. I have been asking Corel support for a remote session. It has been 9 days and apparently I am on a high priority list but nothing is happening. Very frustrating! My question to you is: Do the people that have upgraded from 21.5 to 22 find it more stable ? Before I invest another 100.00$ in Corel I would like the community’s opinion. 

Thank you in advance for your time. 

Norm 

•  06-11-2019, 9:58 785663 in reply to 785660

Re: Is it worth upgrading to Pinnacle studio 22 from 21.5 ?

Sorry to hear of you problems. Crashing is really computer dependent, and since we all have different software installed, etc.. it's hard to specifically pin down what is causing the problem.

As for having a remote session... think of this... there are 10's of thousands of Pinnacle users out there. How many tech support people would Corel have to employee to meet the needs of issues/problems of users? Especially on a low profit margin as Pinnacle. So patience is what is needed. 

I use Revo Pro, but will use the Advanced setting to really dig deep and get everything out of the registry to. Then restart the computer to install.

You can upgrade to PS22 and you have 30 days to get your money back if not satisfied. That is the only way to tell if it works on your computer. 

•  06-11-2019, 15:00 785676 in reply to 785663

Thank you for taking the time Tom. I appreciate the thoughts. Are you using PS 22 and are if yes, are you satisfied?

Thanks again,

Norm 

•  06-11-2019, 15:59 785678 in reply to 785676

I answer instead of Tony (not Tom).

I'm satisfied with PS22, but take note that I was satisfied with PS21 too.

•  06-11-2019, 16:30 785680 in reply to 785678

Initially with the release of PS21, it needed patches. But now, it's (at least for me) stable. Now I use PS22 exclusively. I've been able to finish everything I start. Does it have "rough" edges? Yes. But for "me" the software works.

The only way to know if it works for you personally is to try it. You have 30 days to try it and if not happy, get your money back. Make use of those 30 days and toss everything at the software and see how it holds up. Each computer is different, and there is an infinite number of variables for soft/hardware. 

•  06-11-2019, 17:15 785683 in reply to 785680

Thank you Saby and Tony. I will give Pinnacle one more chance. 

Thank you again for taking the time.

Regards,

Norm 

•  06-11-2019, 20:35 785685 in reply to 785683

Update. Following your kind advice Tony and Saby, I purchased PS 22 U, installed it. Pushed on the Pinnacle Studio icon and Eureka! It opened, it‘s magical !

Thank you guys once again for your help and for taking the time. You’re GREAT ! 

•  06-13-2019, 9:49 785701 in reply to 785685

Normand Rodrigue:

Update. Following your kind advice Tony and Saby, I purchased PS 22 U, installed it. Pushed on the Pinnacle Studio icon and Eureka! It opened, it‘s magical !

Thank you guys once again for your help and for taking the time. You’re GREAT ! 

Normand,

I have been using 21.5U for as long as it’s been released.  It is by far the most stable version of PS that I have ever used and I go back to PS14UC.  My experience has been that for each successive release I would make the same claim... got better!  I also understand that we each have different PC configurations and different experiences.  Yes, Revouninstall is the most thorough way to clear out remnants of a program.  I also follow up with a manual visual inspection in the registry and on hard drive as I stick to using the default moderate setting of Revo.

As for your original question- will jumping ship to PS22 solve your problem? Not likely.  Just need to dig in further.

I’m too happy with 21.5U.  I also have looked at the competition that is out there.  For me, nothing is a better choice than Pinnacle Studio.

•  06-13-2019, 10:53 785703 in reply to 785701

Normand, glad that it started for you. Next, you have to start editing and pushing the software. I also have TaskManager open so I can see what is happening on my computer. What other software is running in the background... how much RAM is being used and by which program, etc....

For "me" the initial release of PS would be troublesome. By the second or third patch, things start to come together. One thing is that you can keep multiple versions of PS on your computer at the same time. I never remove a past version unless I am totally happy with the current version. I have to keep PS20 because of backwards compatibility. Other than that, PS22 does all my editing. The addition of color tools and other new features made the choice easy for me to upgrade.

Of course your mileage may vary. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy