Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

How do I only use one of my Stereo Audio Tracks?

Last post 8 minutes ago by jjn. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-10-2019, 15:31 785645

How do I only use one of my Stereo Audio Tracks?

Attachment: Capture audio 1.JPG
    I used two mikes at a wedding, camera mike (track 1), and wireless mike (track 2). How do I control the volume of only one of my Stereo audio tracks when editing... either on the "timeline", or in "Editor/audio/Channel Mixer"... or???.

•  06-11-2019, 2:44 785655 in reply to 785645

Re: How do I only use one of my Stereo Audio Tracks?

Attachment: Audio.jpg
    You need to use the channel mixer tool  to switch from Left/Right to Dual Mono. Make a second copy of the audio track below so you have both cjhannel 1 and 2.

•  06-12-2019, 19:33 785693 in reply to 785655

Thank you Jjn, that works but very cumbersome.  What a night mare if I had 2 speakers, or a speaker and audience asking questions on a 2nd mike.    Would be better if we had adjustable Left & Right audio tracks in the timeline video.   Fast and efferent like other editors I have used.

Again thank you. 

Marv. 

•  06-13-2019, 6:11 785700 in reply to 785693

If you want simple, you could just use the Pan control. Is that what you are looking for?
  •  06-13-2019, 10:40 785702 in reply to 785700

Yes... that would be perfect.  How do I do that in PS 22?
  •  06-13-2019, 19:43 785704 in reply to 785702

Attachment: LeftRight Balance.jpg

You acces the Pan control by clicking on the surround panner. It creates a blue line which can be keyframed. this is effectivley a balance control, so that in order to accuratly control the levels on tracks 1 and 2 you will need to adjust both pan and volume.

What other editors you have used that gives you the abilty to independently control the individual levels of the left and right tracks without splitong them off into new audio tracks? If you are just using pan, then as you fade one track up, the other track gets quieter.

•  3 hours, 6 minutes ago 785822 in reply to 785704

Thanks for the information.   I'll have to play with the pan control more but it still presents a problem in that I need to see each audio track in order to see what the audio is.  I did finish the project by splitting the tracks. but what a pain.

Many years ago I used Adobe Premier  which showed both audio tracks, but switched because PS had a easier DVD maker built in and didn't cost me several grand to upgrade.

•  8 minutes ago 785828 in reply to 785822

I guess we all have different pain thresholds. It's a matter of seconds to configure the extra tracks in PS once you know what to do, while for the average user the audio doesn't take up screen space if they don't need to split the tracks.

I notice that the title asks how to use just one track. In that case you apply the audio channel control to the AV track and don't need to detach the audio.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy