Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PIP - Blurring edges between images

Last post 05-16-2019, 0:56 by saby. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-19-2019, 10:36 784023

PIP - Blurring edges between images

I once saw a youtube video by the guy who does all those great tutorials where he was sitting on a couch and had 2 images of himself, like two people in the same room but they are both him.  I'm pretty sure he used PIP to do this, but then he also was able to blur the border around the inserted "double" picture so it wasn't so obvious the image wasn't "inserted".  Does anyone know how to do a PIP or split screen where you're trying to have 2 videos together and it looks like one image, by blurring the edge border so it is not so obvious a sharp slice between the two images?  Or if you have a link to the youtube video where he does it, I've been searching youtube for 2 days but can't find it.

Thanks!

Pete 

•  04-19-2019, 13:06 784028 in reply to 784023

Re:PIP - Blurring edges between images

Effect, Camera, Blur should make it.

IMO, no need to blur anything. 

•  05-01-2019, 15:43 784393 in reply to 784028

Re: Re:PIP - Blurring edges between images

I'm trying to combine two different video images and make them appear as one image, I want to "blur" the edge of the "dividing line" between the two different images to make them appear as a real single image, this helps merge the images where light levels change between the two videos.

I tried to insert the image but I couldn't figure it out, if you follow this link you will see an example of what I'm trying to do.

http://www.pejnron.com/Combined-with-text.jpg

There was a video on youtube showing how to do this, but I can't find it.

Thanks for any pointers to how to do this or the youtube tutorial.  I can't figure out how to contact the author of the video on youtube either.

Thanks!

Pete 

•  05-01-2019, 16:07 784394 in reply to 784393

Something like THIS?

Or THIS.

•  05-01-2019, 17:17 784399 in reply to 784394

Yes, the first video is the one I saw before.

However, I now have the new Pinnacle 22 and I can't find  "new blue video essentials 6" in the Add Ons effects editor, or "Garbage Matt"  Is there a "Garbage Matt" in the newest Pinnacle 22?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it!

Pete 

•  05-01-2019, 17:39 784402 in reply to 784399

pmacay:
    However, I now have the new Pinnacle 22 and I can't find  "new blue video essentials 6" in the Add Ons effects editor, or "Garbage Matt"  Is there a "Garbage Matt" in the newest Pinnacle 22?
    The NewBlue effect packs are a part of Studio 22 Ultimate (if you have Plus or the basic version you wouldn't have them).

But the installation sometimes misfires and the effect pack fails to install; if that has happened to you, it's possible to install them manually by finding and running the file "NewBlue_Effects.exe" (in the 64 bit\BonusContent\NewBlueEffects folder in your Studio install DVD or download)

HTH
    Richard

•  05-01-2019, 17:40 784403 in reply to 784399

What version of Studio 22 do you have ?

UK 1 - 0 France

•  05-02-2019, 1:53 784411 in reply to 784023

Re: PIP - Blurring edges between images

I use the clone effect in a lot of videos. Pretty easy, but the most important thing is to make sure the camera does not move between the two clips you shoot. Shoot the scene with the subject once then the clone and put one on top of the other. Crop out one side of each clip (or even just one) and then use Garbage Matte to clean it up a bit. Sometimes I don't need to but for some reason the lighting on both might not match exactly so the more you can matte close to one of the images it will look better (in which case only crop one of the two clips.)

Here is a sample of my latest video, edited on P22 Ultimate...although having some problems with 22 and may go back to 21.

https://youtu.be/et44wyliObQ

Happy editing!

Brad 

•  05-15-2019, 7:36 784907 in reply to 784402

Thank you for the suggestion.  I found the "NewBlue_Effects.exe" (in the 64 bit\BonusContent\NewBlueEffects folder) but when I run it, it comes up with a dialogue box to install and confirm the installation, I click yes, and it just flashes closed.  It doesn't install.
  •  05-15-2019, 7:38 784908 in reply to 784403

Version 22.2.0.325 (64 bit)
  •  05-15-2019, 7:54 784910 in reply to 784908

Do you have at this location C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 22\plugins\RTFXV2\NewBlueFX?

If so and you open the folder, you will see all the fx. If they are there, you need to rebuild the database.

There are a couple of ways to do it. One is easy.

With PS open, you want to Refresh the Library. See screenshot below.

The other is to rename the effects database by going here C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_22\Studio\22.0. You have to have see Hidden Folders enabled.

You will see a folder in this location named  EffectDB. Rename it something like EffectDB_Original.

Once you do that, restart Pinnacle and let the effects database rebuild everything. This will take a while.

Once done see if NBFX is there.

•  05-15-2019, 14:12 784924 in reply to 784907

pmacay:
    Thank you for the suggestion.  I found the "NewBlue_Effects.exe" (in the 64 bit\BonusContent\NewBlueEffects folder) but when I run it, it comes up with a dialogue box to install and confirm the installation, I click yes, and it just flashes closed.  It doesn't install.

Please provide a screenshot of this dialogue box.

•  05-15-2019, 21:52 784943 in reply to 784924

I can't seem to insert the images here, but here are 2 links

http://www.pejnron.com/New1.jpg

http://www.pejnron.com/New2.jpg

This is the same dialogue box but one is with "Details" selected.  After I click on "Yes" it just flashes and nothing happens.  

As suggested by another poster, looking in "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 22\plugins\RTFXV2" there is no "NewBlueFX" folder so it appears it's never been installed properly.

Thanks for your help!

Pete 

•  05-16-2019, 0:53 784946 in reply to 784943

pmacay:

I can't seem to insert the images here, but here are 2 links

For the next pictures, read this : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/326384.aspx

•  05-16-2019, 0:56 784947 in reply to 784946

It's just Windows" classic UAC security feature. You can safely disable it in Windows' control panel for this .exe before running it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy