Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Xiaomi could acquire GoPro

Last post 11-18-2019, 11:43 by Tony P. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-17-2018, 20:03 763153

Xiaomi could acquire GoPro

Chinese compagny Xiaomi is rumored to be interested in buying GoPro :

https://www.techradar.com/news/could-gopro-be-about-to-be-sold-to-xiaomi

•  04-17-2018, 20:49 763156 in reply to 763153

Re: Xiaomi could acquire GoPro

I don't have much love for GoPro after being burned way back with my Hero2 Outdoor with LCD screen. $500 gone. Only got 2 emails from support and they never answered another one after that.

They got so huge, they thought they would not fail. They kept pumping out good, but overpriced products. Then the Chinese got in the act and flooded the market to knockoffs that were pretty darn good for much much less. I still have my SJ4000 sub $100 action cam.

It still works and shot footage almost as good as the Hero2 for 1/5th the price. 

Then come up with the brilliant idea that they can take on the drone market... too funny. They have the answer... now they are looking for a bail out. They didn't diversify. Thought they could ride the wave forever. Sorry, no love for that company. I do feel for those who work there and who's life will be affected by this.

•  04-18-2018, 5:31 763164 in reply to 763156

Tony P:

Then come up with the brilliant idea that they can take on the drone market... too funny. They have the answer...

Let's call this an industrial disaster.

•  04-18-2018, 7:14 763168 in reply to 763164

...this happens when you think nothing can happen to you, and you think you are too big to fail. Wrong!

"Hey, I have an idea!!!! Let's get into the extremely crowded and competitive drone market!!! We have zero experience in it and let's invest a lot of R&D into it, then ship drones that fall out of the sky!! Yeah!!! A brilliant idea!!"

•  11-18-2019, 11:37 791150 in reply to 763168

Ditto...

I actually went with the Mi Sphere 360 by Xiaomi for half the cost for the GoPro. Took it to Disney and on a few outdoor adventures. Raw 4k 30p video in 360 goes right into Studio as double fisheye 2:1. Or you can use their "very basic" software to convert to equirectangular mp4. It is a little lacking in low-light performance compared to the GoPro but I am more of a daylight activity person. Peter Pan was too dark but It's a Small World was fine.

Cheers 

•  11-18-2019, 11:43 791151 in reply to 791150

Bolter44:

It's a Small World was fine.

Went to Disney this year in Florida. Wife's first ever trip there. My fav ride... no line, no wait.... everything else had to be speed pass or something like that....

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy