Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS19U is running desperately slowly

Last post 10-31-2015, 17:10 by wescampbell. 250 replies.
Page 8 of 11 (251 items)   « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-11-2015, 5:16 690730 in reply to 690718

Re: PS19U is running desperately slowly

Here is going well'm using last cuda 7.5.18 nvidia driver that the driver and the driver  353.90 gtx 650ti my card, so finding bad viewing the screen when this editing in over here for me running fast editing avchd panasonic MH2 and canon t5i. Use windows 10

•  10-11-2015, 7:23 690736 in reply to 690730

victorvideomaker:

Here is going well'm using last cuda 7.5.18 nvidia driver that the driver and the driver  353.90 gtx 650ti my card, so finding bad viewing the screen when this editing in over here for me running fast editing avchd panasonic MH2 and canon t5i. Use windows 10

Not certain I understand everything you're saying (is english your native language ??) -- but if I've read correctly,  apparently PS19 is working well for you since going to Win 10 and to an older nVidia driver.

•  10-11-2015, 7:33 690738 in reply to 690736

BARYE:
    but if I've read correctly,  apparently PS10 is working well for you since going to Win 10 and to an older nVidia driver.

Obviously you did not understand him correctly.   Stick out tongue

•  10-11-2015, 8:15 690746 in reply to 690738

saby:

BARYE:
    but if I've read correctly,  apparently PS10 is working well for you since going to Win 10 and to an older nVidia driver.

Saby, aren't you also comforted by the fact that PS10 is finally working properly ????

Now BARYE can finally put aside PS15,  and return to an NLE he understands ... 

•  10-11-2015, 10:11 690764 in reply to 690746

BARYE:
    saby:

BARYE:

Saby, aren't you also comforted by the fact that PS10 is finally working properly ????

Now BARYE can finally put aside PS15,  and return to an NLE he understands ... 

Don't you mean 16? 15 uses the same interface as 10....
  •  10-11-2015, 14:05 690784 in reply to 690718

Tony P:

for the record, I never had a hard copy of Pinnacle in ages... I think the last one was S14. Everything has been download and worked, including PS17U. I had other problems, but getting the program installed was not one of them.

If a person is dissatisfied with a product, get the refund. But one person's issues are not necessarily another person's issues.... 

It was the first time I decided to try and needed a disc version.  All other times no problem with d/l's.  

I just find it odd how so many people are battling PS19.0.xyz.  This is not version 1 of the product.  I've learned to wait for a few updates to a major release.  I thank others who enjoy sticking with ver 19.0 to make it worthy of a true release and not the virtual beta that it appears to be.

•  10-11-2015, 16:03 690803 in reply to 690784

iraisok:
    I thank others who enjoy sticking with ver 19.0 to make it worthy of a true release and not the virtual beta that it appears to be.
    It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.  Geeked
  •  10-11-2015, 17:41 690828 in reply to 690736

BARYE:
    victorvideomaker:

Not certain I understand everything you're saying (is english your native language ??) -- but if I've read correctly,  apparently PS19 is working well for you since going to Win 10 and to an older nVidia driver.

Sorry my English because I am Brazilian, on the nvidia driver is old he the driver that comes with the CUDA driver when you install cuda, here this running much believe that fares better, I clean installation of ps 19 before had the ps 17 uninstalled more cleaning the registry and any leftovers to put the clean PS19.
  •  10-11-2015, 18:34 690840 in reply to 690784

iraisok:
    Tony P:

for the record, I never had a hard copy of Pinnacle in ages... I think the last one was S14. Everything has been download and worked, including PS17U. I had other problems, but getting the program installed was not one of them.

If a person is dissatisfied with a product, get the refund. But one person's issues are not necessarily another person's issues.... 

It was the first time I decided to try and needed a disc version.  All other times no problem with d/l's.  

I just find it odd how so many people are battling PS19.0.xyz.  This is not version 1 of the product.  I've learned to wait for a few updates to a major release.  I thank others who enjoy sticking with ver 19.0 to make it worthy of a true release and not the virtual beta that it appears to be.

What does PS19 have to do with a downloaded version of PS17?  

PS19... first with Multicam, Audio Ducking, codec support, iPhone support and other features. I think that it could be a version 1 software. And since you do not have PS19, what qualifies you to make an assessment of whether it's a virtual beta? I'm using it now to edit several videos, so I can speak of first hand experience. Others are having problems, no doubt, but they are relating their problems, not yours.

Obviously, people with issues are the ones you will hear about, like you and your d/l version of PS17U and installation problems that didn't affect a lot of people, including me. People post when there are problems, not when there aren't any for the most part. 

Yes, wait for the patches if you want to be sure that everything is ok. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

•  10-12-2015, 15:58 690922 in reply to 690840

There are a couple problems currently - rendering / export performance and various (severe) slowdowns in Edit.  We have fixed one root cause, and that should help rendering / export, and depending what you're doing in Edit, may help there too.  

Here is the fixed DLL:  http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/NemoRenderDirectX.zip

Close Studio, backup or delete the original DLL in C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 19\programs, then copy this new DLL there. 

If you don't feel comfortable replacing files, please just wait for the patch!  We are working on this urgently and hope to have a patch available very soon.   

Thanks for your patience.  
  •  10-12-2015, 17:09 690938 in reply to 690922

Glus -- very much appreciate your being open and communicative on this

•  10-12-2015, 18:09 690957 in reply to 690922

glus:
    There are a couple problems currently - rendering / export performance and various (severe) slowdowns in Edit.  We have fixed one root cause, and that should help rendering / export, and depending what you're doing in Edit, may help there too.  

Here is the fixed DLL:  http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/NemoRenderDirectX.zip

Close Studio, backup or delete the original DLL in C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 19\programs, then copy this new DLL there. 

If you don't feel comfortable replacing files, please just wait for the patch!  We are working on this urgently and hope to have a patch available very soon.   

Glus check with the area is technically possible acquisition of the red giant native 64-bit plugins for the 19 ps would be of great value to millions of users pinnacle.
  •  10-12-2015, 19:41 690974 in reply to 690957

Please stay on topic. Open another thread if you want.
  •  10-12-2015, 20:25 690979 in reply to 690922

glus:

Hi glus

As the person who opened this thread I thought it only right that I try this fix and report back.

Nemocheck now runs the same in PS19 as it does in 18, the spinning blue wheel and slowdowns in editing are resolved and exporting is much improved.  With hardware acceleration enabled appropriately exporting is still not as quick using my NVidia GT640 card as it is using the onboard Intel graphics but there's not much in it now and this may simply be because my graphics card is not especially powerful, but I no longer have concerns about running PS19 with my nVidia card as my primary graphics.  Thanks for your hard work on our behalf and I look forward to the patch in the hope that it speeds things up still further.     

•  10-12-2015, 22:23 690990 in reply to 690922

glus:

Thank you for (1) giving us a temporary fix; (2) being available and keeping us honestly informed; and (3) mentioning that you are urgently working on a fix. I appreciate your post.

Overall, I am really happy with S19U... it has fixed several problems that I've had with prior versions and it really feels solid!

Larry

•  10-13-2015, 8:41 691029 in reply to 690979

paulcroft:
    With hardware acceleration enabled appropriately exporting is still not as quick using my NVidia GT640 card as it is using the onboard Intel graphics but there's not much in it now and this may simply be because my graphics card is not especially powerful,
    A thought - if you run your second monitor on the Intel graphics (so Nvidia =  primary, Intel = secondary), you might be able to "have your cake and eat it" - with H/W acceleration set as "Intel", Studio may still be able to make use of the Intel GPU hardware even though it's not the primary display. And H/W acceleration of effects/transitions (DirectX/Direct3D/OpenGL) may still be done by the Nvidia card as it's the primary display; so you could end up with both GPUs doing some work Smile

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-13-2015, 9:38 691040 in reply to 691029

Big improvement for me but quite a bit of time lag before play happens on the timeline, or if I want to drag the cursor along it. I hope the forthcoming patch will resolve that.
  •  10-13-2015, 10:06 691045 in reply to 691040

Curious Bob keen, I have noticed an initial lag before play on the timeline, hitting the space bar several times or clicking on the play button. But once it starts working, not much in delays. Is this the same for you?
  •  10-13-2015, 14:46 691097 in reply to 691029

culpanr:

A thought - if you run your second monitor on the Intel graphics (so Nvidia =  primary, Intel = secondary), you might be able to "have your cake and eat it" - with H/W acceleration set as "Intel", Studio may still be able to make use of the Intel GPU hardware even though it's not the primary display. And H/W acceleration of effects/transitions (DirectX/Direct3D/OpenGL) may still be done by the Nvidia card as it's the primary display; so you could end up with both GPUs doing some work Smile

Regards,
    Richard

I've just set it up this way and the second monitor didn't work.  Maybe there's a setting needs switching on somewhere; the bios needs to know which is the main monitor and when I set this to the on-board graphics that works fine with the main monitor running off the Intel chipset and the second monitor connected to the nVidia card but, when I swap this round, and tell the bios to use the nVidia for the primary monitor, that's all that works - the second monitor never switches on. 

I'll wait now and see how Pinnacle's patch works.  With the updated dll file I get slightly quicker rendering using the nVidia card and Cuda acceleration but slightly slower exporting when exporting the sort of files I tend to create: h.264 footage to both mpeg4 / HD720 at 25 fps and mts files at HD1080 and 50p.  The difference is not enough to worry about, no more than a few tens of seconds even on the longer files I generally create.  If I really can't live with it after the patch I'll just switch back to running the main monitor off the on-board graphics and the 2nd monitor off the nVidia card but that's not looking likely right now - it would take me longer to do that than the time I'll save over the next few monthsSmile

•  10-13-2015, 15:02 691099 in reply to 691045

Tony P:
    Curious Bob keen, I have noticed an initial lag before play on the timeline, hitting the space bar several times or clicking on the play button. But once it starts working, not much in delays. Is this the same for you?

Hi Tony

I have timed the lag in my case to a massive 16 seconds. After that it works normally until stopping and resuming again after a period of inactivity. 

•  10-13-2015, 15:06 691101 in reply to 691099

Bob keen:

I have timed the lag in my case to a massive 16 seconds. After that it works normally until stopping and resuming again after a period of inactivity. 

I must be the lucky one then, I haven't noticed this with the updated dll but there's clearly some work still to be done.

•  10-13-2015, 15:17 691102 in reply to 691099

Bob, what length in the project time wise were you up to when this happened?

I get this "lag", but it lasts a second or two, but the project length would be 5 minutes or so at that point. Then after that, while still not as responsive as PS17/18, it moves along ok.

•  10-13-2015, 15:19 691103 in reply to 691097

paulcroft:
    culpanr:

Regards,
    Richard

I've just set it up this way and the second monitor didn't work.  Maybe there's a setting needs switching on somewhere; the bios needs to know which is the main monitor and when I set this to the on-board graphics that works fine with the main monitor running off the Intel chipset and the second monitor connected to the nVidia card but, when I swap this round, and tell the bios to use the nVidia for the primary monitor, that's all that works - the second monitor never switches on. 

I'll wait now and see how Pinnacle's patch works.  With the updated dll file I get slightly quicker rendering using the nVidia card and Cuda acceleration but slightly slower exporting when exporting the sort of files I tend to create: h.264 footage to both mpeg4 / HD720 at 25 fps and mts files at HD1080 and 50p.  The difference is not enough to worry about, no more than a few tens of seconds even on the longer files I generally create.  If I really can't live with it after the patch I'll just switch back to running the main monitor off the on-board graphics and the 2nd monitor off the nVidia card but that's not looking likely right now - it would take me longer to do that than the time I'll save over the next few monthsSmile

Another idea - would things work the way you want if you enabled the Intel adapter in the BIOS and then in Windows (display properties) set the monitor attached to the Nvidia card as the primary display?

Don't get any big lags here when starting/stopping playback (when they do occur they are no more than a second or so) - but both of my PCs have only one GPU and display.

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-13-2015, 17:42 691130 in reply to 691102

Tony P:

Bob, what length in the project time wise were you up to when this happened?

I get this "lag", but it lasts a second or two, but the project length would be 5 minutes or so at that point. Then after that, while still not as responsive as PS17/18, it moves along ok.

Occurs in the first few minutes of the project Tony. My projects tend to be longer than yours (about 1.75 hours) and I am also dealing in MXF video files which are rather large.

•  10-17-2015, 21:15 691621 in reply to 691130

I am now working on my first project using Studio 19 and notice that it is irrelevant whether I select cuda, Intel or none. The program does not like my MXF files. Whilst it will process them, it is painfully slow in doing so. After pressing the space bar for play, there is a 30 second lag before the clip begins playing. I am not going to be able to use this for future projects until the patch is released to fix the problems. It is just taking too long.
Page 8 of 11 (251 items)   « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy