Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

25U crashes when I try to copy effects

Last post 05-06-2022, 2:26 by saby. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-05-2022, 16:43 822071

25U crashes when I try to copy effects

Hi there,

Another issue has popped up with 25U - after I created an fx combo (PinP along with some color correction), I drop the combo onto a clip from a movie (shot indoors with an old VHS camera so I've cropped the edges slightly and have added Image Correction to create the Combo FX) - once on the clip the pink line appears across the top (like it should) and I then right click and select Effects>Copy All so I can then paste them onto all the remaining clips (175 of them) which is how I'd done it all along with Studio 24U.  HOWEVER, right after I select 'Copy All' the pop up stays (it should disappear as soon as I select 'Copy All') the pop up stays up for about 5 seconds then Studio 25U shuts down/crashes...it's done it about 5 times in a row.  Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7 CPU, Z97-E ASUS MoBo, 32 gigs of RAM nVidia GTX960, Samsung SSDD Evo

Thanx   Mike

•  05-05-2022, 17:25 822076 in reply to 822071

Re: 25U crashes when I try to copy effects

***UPDATE***  I found a work-around... I selected 'Copy>All Attributes'  INSTEAD of 'Effects>Copy All' and it doesn't crash.  Bit of a pain in the ass as I've used 'Effects>Copy All' for a few years now...
  •  05-06-2022, 2:26 822077 in reply to 822076

Re: 25U crashes when I try to copy effects

Issue already escalated to Corel.

• apply any effect to a clip
    • right-click the clip
    • in the dropdown menu select Effect + Copy all
    • Studio 25 crashes

• apply any effect to a clip
    • hover the mouse pointer over the magenta line
    • it becomes a Fx
    • right-click
    • Effect
    • Copy All
    • it doens't crash and Fx can paste it to any other(s) clip(s)

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy