Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS 24 Ultimate - Export Timeline problem

Last post 11-07-2021, 8:35 by Tony Mac. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-04-2021, 8:35 818089

PS 24 Ultimate - Export Timeline problem

Hello!

As soon as I press the Export button to burn a movie to DVD, an on-screen message appears which reads:

"The export process has experienced problem with the timeline and has been cancelled (OxE 1000005) 0/173787 @00:00:00:00"

I note a red bar at the top, on the Solo track (which I'm not using). Even when I delete the transition, the red bar remains and then extends to span the whole of the first video clip.

That red bar needs to be removed - but how? 

Thank you. 

Cheers,

Tony 

•  11-04-2021, 19:51 818107 in reply to 818089

Re: PS 24 Ultimate - Export Timeline problem

The red bar indicates that a particular part of the timeline cannot be rendered.

This could be because the video clip at that place is of an unsupported format, or it could be because the background rendering has misfired (for example STudio thinks it has been rendered, but it has not...). Issues with background rendering can usually be fixed by using Studio's control panel to delete the preview render files and letting Studio re-create them (as the background rendering proceeds you should observe a dark yellow/brown line over parts of the timeline turn to green and then disappear).

HTH
    Richard

•  11-05-2021, 9:41 818109 in reply to 818107

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated.

I deleted the original render files, as suggested, and re-rendered the whole film.

However, the damned red bar is still showing at the very beginning - just the first second or so, of the film.

I have tried deleting the first clip covered by the red bar but when I do this, the bar simply extends to the next clip.

So infuriating. Don't know what else to try. Have sent an email to Pinnacle's 'support team' but, 22 hrs later, still awaiting contact from them.

Thank you,

Tony

•  11-05-2021, 9:52 818111 in reply to 818113

Red render bar spells anger

Hello!

As soon as I press the Export button to burn a movie to DVD, an on-screen message appears which reads:

"The export process has experienced problem with the timeline and has been cancelled (OxE 1000005) 0/173787 @00:00:00:00"

A red bar is evident at the on the Solo track, which indicates rendering in progress.

Even when I delete the first video clip, the red bar remains and then extends to the next first video clip.

I have tried deleting the original render files and have re-rendered the whole,1hr 56 mins film. But after re-rendering completed, that damned red bar is still there at the very start of my film, just the first second or so of it. 

Thank you. 

Cheers,

Tony 

•  11-05-2021, 10:59 818113 in reply to 818109

In case the problem is triggered by something strange about the source file, your project or export settings - or even your PC, please can you provide some information:

1. What are the properties of the source files? You can use the free MediaInfo program to provide a detailed listing of a vodeo file's video and audio properties - there's a "tutorial" thread on these forums - here. Use MediaInfo's Tree or Text view and post its output here
    2. What Studio version are you using - and what is its "level" (e.g. Plus or Ultimate)? And is it "up-to-date" (installed from a download and already at the latest version, or with the latest patch installed)?
    3. What PC are you using - at least what model CPU and model of graphics card/chip if there are dedicated graphics and not simply using the on-chip graphics in an Intel or AMD CPU. And are the graphicvs drivers up-to-date
    4. What project and export settings are you using? And if your source clips are using HEVC or you are trying to export using HEVC, do you have the Microsoft HEVC Video Extensions installed?
    Regards,
    Richard
  •  11-05-2021, 11:07 818116 in reply to 818111

Re:Red render bar spells anger

Tony Mac:

Hello!

A red bar is evident at the on the Solo track, which indicates rendering in progress.

Even when I delete the first video clip, the red bar remains and then extends to the next first video clip.

I have tried deleting the original render files and have re-rendered the whole,1hr 56 mins film. But after re-rendering completed, that damned red bar is still there at the very start of my film, just the first second or so of it. 

Thank you. 

Cheers,

Tony 

Why did you open a new thread ? I've merged the 2 threads.

•  11-05-2021, 11:52 818121 in reply to 818113

Hello Richard,

Many thanks for getting back to me again.

Much of what your are asking from a technical sense goes over my head. What I can confirm is that I am using Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 24, the full package - as I have done for all my other recent film projects without problems.

The source video files used on my current (problematic) film are, as before, a combination of MTS and mpeg files. The first clip is an MTS file. Again, have used the same file type without any export or rendering issues before.

My PC, with a 64-bit operating system, and set-up is the same as used previously to produce films from the same Pinnacle software - ie, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1, installed last year.

While awaiting a resolution to this current problem, I have just started putting together a new (part 2 of a 3-part series) film - and no red bar shows on the top rendering line. It is rendering in the background as per normal.

Which suggests that there must be a problem with the actual timeline of part one. But why does the red bar show only at the very beginning and nowhere else on the same timeline?

Cheers,
    Tony

•  11-05-2021, 16:43 818125 in reply to 818121

Tony Mac:
    The source video files used on my current (problematic) film are, as before, a combination of MTS and mpeg files. The first clip is an MTS file. Again, have used the same file type without any export or rendering issues before
    A long shot - was any of that .MTS footage shot with surround sound (Dolby 5.1) audio?

There was an issue 2 or 3 months back where a Windows update caused Studio to malfunction when working with files having Dolby 5.1 audio (although the "usual" symptoms were that Studio would freeze during playback or crash). But I suppose it might affect rendering/export too?

Corel released a hotfix for that problem, you can find the details (and a download link for the hotfix installer) in their knowledge base article here

Regards,
    Richard

•  11-07-2021, 8:35 818157 in reply to 818125

Thanks, Richard.

I don't know about Dolby 5.1 audio. But what I can now confirm is that last night I created and successfully exported another film (1hr 30 mins) using ALL of the same type of source material - ie, .MTS video files, plus mpg clips, audio, j.peg stills - without any issues.

Which suggests that there is nothing wrong or incompatible about the files I'm using with Pinnacle Ultimate 24.

No red rendering bar appears on the second film.

I had another go at fixing the big problem on my first film. I've tried deleting the first dozen or so video and audio clips (thinking there might be a glitch on one of them), yet still the red rendering bar remains. As I delete one clip, the red bar simply shifts to the next clip, and so on.

Don't know what to try next.... 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy