Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PSU 23 and 24 Crashed

Last post 05-13-2021, 6:50 by Frank the tank. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-13-2021, 3:51 814507

PSU 23 and 24 Crashed

Hi ! I am a new user of this forum. I hope you can help me and that I can contribute a little that i have learned over the years.

I have had som problem with my old rigg built on a AMD 8350. Used it for 9 years with different versions of PSU and it mosty worked fine. When i bought a GoPro 8 camera the rigg said No and didnt wanna handle the files from the new camera. They lagged when rendred and had a lot of mich mach. I tryed the Handshake program but the Pinnacle didnt wanna run. It crashed what ever i did och not did. I got tired and builded a new rigg. U can see the spec in my settings. I hade a brand new Win 10 and updated all the sofware to the hardware and so on. I installed PSU 24 and it acutally did run and very fast. After some testruns it started to fail out again. I asked in a FB forum about the problem with PSU crashed. There where plenty of users that couldnt use their PSU because of instant crashes and frozen programs. One explanation was that PSU crashes after a security update from windows called  KB5001330. Suddenly i couldnt use PSU on my new rigg. I tried both version 23 and version 24. After a couple of days reading a lot of troubleshooting on the net i formated the C disc and reinstalled W10 again. I installed w 24 again and it worked( for a short while) After some windows updates it just crash again. So gentlemen what do u think it can be ? I just wanna makin film and dont wanna bother abot a program that refuse to work.
  •  05-13-2021, 5:26 814509 in reply to 814507

Re:PSU 23 and 24 Crashed

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Windows KB 5001330 is the cause of many recent issues for some Pinnacle Studio's users (and many other programs, BTW). Uninstall it, and PS24 should be back to work.

•  05-13-2021, 6:50 814513 in reply to 814509

Re: Re:PSU 23 and 24 Crashed

I found it at the update list. Uninstalled it and now my PSU 24 is working again. OMG i had a new computor as well :D
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy