Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Saving A Title With It's Duration

Last post 03-07-2021, 17:40 by culpanr. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2021, 4:05 812311

Saving A Title With It's Duration

I am obviously missing something here. I am trying to save a title to a specific duration which I thought that I could achieve by selecting the duration on the save screen. However, when I save the title and reload it, the duration is the same as originally and not what I thought I had saved it to. Could someone please explain how I do this.
  •  03-07-2021, 5:01 812312 in reply to 812311

Re:Saving A Title With It's Duration

You're not missing anything, Bob. The duration is not saved.

Not sure if it's by design or something they missed.

•  03-07-2021, 5:59 812314 in reply to 812312

Re: Re:Saving A Title With It's Duration

Thanks Yann. Some titles are saving at a great length and require substantial cropping before using. It is a bit of a pain. Perhaps I need to work on the title in PS23, save it at the appropriate duration, and then open it in PS24.

•  03-07-2021, 17:40 812332 in reply to 812314

Re: Re:Saving A Title With It's Duration

Bob keen:
    Thanks Yann. Some titles are saving at a great length and require substantial cropping before using. It is a bit of a pain. Perhaps I need to work on the title in PS23, save it at the appropriate duration, and then open it in PS24.

A length figure is saved with the title - but it's seriously bugged. What appears to be saved as the length seems to be the timecode reading of the last frame of the title. So the further down the timeline you create and save a title, the longer it will become!! I will investigate further...

A workaround: add a new track to the project (or use an existing empty one) and create the desired-length title right at the beginning of that track, then save it. When imported and used elsewhere in the project that title will have the desired length.

HTH
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy