Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Last post 01-24-2021, 10:22 by jorokiry. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2021, 14:20 810939

Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Hi I have Studio 14 and 16 Ultimate but theres a big change between 14 and 16 and I was quite happy with 14 on Win XP Im now on Win 10. The problem is I know it says 14 will not work on Win10 but the only thing that I see so far that does not work is when burning to disc it does not see the disc writers. It does see the same writers when I go to import from them but not when i go to burn?

Did anybody get it to work on Win10, if so  how can I get it to recgonise the disc writers

I tried to import the project to 16 and it worked to certain degree but things were missing like chapters eg. I find 16 a whole new learning project and find all the bits and pieces that I have learnt from studio 9 up to 14 I need to learn them again in the new format. I also tried compatible mode but it didnt help

Is there any thing that I can do for 14 to work on Win 10. Thank you

•  01-23-2021, 8:29 810964 in reply to 810939

AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

jorokiry:
    ...... I find 16 a whole new learning project and find all the bits and pieces that I have learnt from studio 9 up to 14 I need to learn them again in the new format. I also tried compatible mode but it didnt help

Where ist the problem .... LIFE is LEARNING from BIRTH to DEATH !  Think about  it.
    Dont worry, in the meantime Studio 17,18,19,20,21,22,23 and 24 is actual .

P.S.: Why did you change to WIN10 with your old Computer, XP or WIN 7 is running very well without problems.

•  01-23-2021, 8:36 810965 in reply to 810964

Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

The problem is your useless comment, Helmut.

It's OP's business to decide to remain with a legacy version of Studio and face compatibily issues with modern versions of Windows, not yours.

Forum's guidelines and etiquette : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/652416.aspx

"If you don't have something helpful to say on a certain matter, don't post it. Don't just post to increase your numbers. It has no effect at all to your experience as a user."

•  01-23-2021, 8:46 810966 in reply to 810965

AW: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

saby:
    It's OP's business to decide to remain with a legacy version of Studio and face compatibily issues with modern versions of Windows, not yours.

Hey sabi, I know, that you always make some senseless comments.
    The only result , doing like your above Statement is :  IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY !

If you dont know, Studio14 ist not designed for WIN10, because at time of announcment, it has not existed
    Therefore it makes more sense, to install a dual-boot, if anybody MUST have Win10 and use WinXP or WIN 7  furthermore

•  01-23-2021, 8:55 810967 in reply to 810965

Re: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Old computer HD went faulty with XP Wins system upgraded to Win 10 and Studio 16, wasnt keen on Studio 16 as I found to find everthing was harder to find  compared to Studio 14, if no solution I will have to learn Studio again
  •  01-23-2021, 9:11 810968 in reply to 810967

Re: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Looked into Dual boot will try that

Thanks

•  01-23-2021, 10:52 810979 in reply to 810966

Re:AW: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Helmut42:

saby:

Hey sabi, I know, that you always make some senseless comments.
    The only result , doing like your above Statement is :  IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY !

If you dont know, Studio14 ist not designed for WIN10, because at time of announcment, it has not existed

Next step if you don't calm down is moderate status !

Forum guidelines and etiquette : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/652416.aspx

"Treat the guest, users, and moderators with utmost respect. Moderators are here to help us make our stay in this forum pleasant and enjoyable. They will strictly enforce the rules and will give proper sanctions to those who violate it."

"Offensive comments, harassments and profanities will not be tolerated. Our moderators will be forced to suspend or put your account in the Ban list."

"Please give credit to our forum moderators. They are here to maintain the orderliness of our community."

•  01-23-2021, 11:44 810987 in reply to 810968

AW: Re: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

jorokiry:

Looked into Dual boot will try that

I Think, this should be a good iedea.
    Dont hesitate to use older WIN-Versions, if you dont go into Web or Email with this systems, there are no problems with virus etc.

And ( I know it for WIN7) , the Virus - Scan-Programs will also operating in this  older Systems ( i.e. Norton 360 )

But keep care, if you make a NEW install of Studio14, there will occure  problems.
    Because the links to free some functions are not working, due to Pinnacle (  the former company ) does not exist.
    So , the links will run into failure.

Regards, Helmut

•  01-23-2021, 15:18 811023 in reply to 810987

Re: AW: Re: Re:AW: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Had problems with installing Win XP it stalled after windows is now starting so have abandon that idea. Had a old computer, Not as good as new one but will put in a HHD  and install Win XP and Studio 14 was hoping that someone might have seen the problem with cant see the disc writers and might have had a solution but thanks anyway Cheers John

•  01-23-2021, 15:36 811024 in reply to 811023

PS14 is installed on a PC of mine with Win 10. It detects my burner.

You best option is to burn a disc image (no need to detect any burner for this) and to actualy burn the disc with an external tool like Imgburner (it's free) or the tool delivered with your burner.

•  01-23-2021, 17:45 811031 in reply to 811024

saby:
    PS14 is installed on a PC of mine with Win 10. It detects my burner.

You best option is to burn a disc image (no need to detect any burner for this) and to actualy burn the disc with an external tool like Imgburner (it's free) or the tool delivered with your burner.

I agree with Saby (create a disc image with Studio and burn to disc with the free ImgBurn program). It's quite straightforward to use, and also has plenty of advanced options available if you need them...

FWIW I've also got Studio 14 (and 12) installed on a Windows 10 PC; both detect my burners (Liteon USB slim DVDRW drive and Pioneer SATA BD/DVDRW drive). So I suspect that there could be some other conflicting software or device driver that is interfering with Studio, and not a generic incompatibility with Windows 10...

Regards,
    Richard

•  01-23-2021, 18:43 811032 in reply to 810939

Re: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

jorokiry:

Hi I have Studio 14 and 16 Ultimate but theres a big change between 14 and 16 and I was quite happy with 14 on Win XP Im now on Win 10. The problem is I know it says 14 will not work on Win10 but the only thing that I see so far that does not work is when burning to disc it does not see the disc writers. It does see the same writers when I go to import from them but not when i go to burn?

Did anybody get it to work on Win10, if so  how can I get it to recgonise the disc writers

I tried to import the project to 16 and it worked to certain degree but things were missing like chapters eg. I find 16 a whole new learning project and find all the bits and pieces that I have learnt from studio 9 up to 14 I need to learn them again in the new format. I also tried compatible mode but it didnt help

Is there any thing that I can do for 14 to work on Win 10. Thank you

I tried installing PS14 into my W10 computer and had failed several times. PS15 installed well with some minor errors but works kind of well.

You can try by opening the PS14 disc and click on setup and right click on it and select "run as administrator". 

Once installation is completed click on the PS14 icon and right click and select "troubleshoot compatibility" and try to run it under Windows XP mode to see if that may help you better. 

•  01-24-2021, 10:22 811056 in reply to 811032

Re: Studio 14 work on Wins 10?

Success..... Did what Saby said and did an image of project with dvd menu then opened Imgburn but had to do a build file in Imgburn? as it said in wrong mode then burn to disc in Imgburn but anyway it has burned and working Thank you to all for helping me Thank you again John
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy