Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Music Video - Lily was here Cover (Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart) made with PSU24

Last post 01-11-2021, 5:16 by timetre. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-11-2021, 3:27 810585

Music Video - Lily was here Cover (Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart) made with PSU24

Hello community !

I'm back with yet another music video I just finished. A "smooth jazz" instrumental cover from one of my favorite saxophone players; the talented Candy Dulfer who recorded it on her first album back in 1989 with Dave Stewart.

https://youtu.be/uqrvK_y6l9E

I edited it with PSU24. Source is Panasonic FZ300 4K clips (and a couple of 1080p wide angle closeups from my Action Cam)

It's the first time I use green screen (shooting/editing) so I did learn along the way how to do better next time Wink but I'm still pretty happy with the result.

I ended up creating two films: one front facing and one sideways. They're compositions of the various "musicians" shots, edition of background, floor, addition of neon signs, etc ...

Then I put them in the MultiCamEtor (so handy !) to create the master video.

Audio was recorded separately and mixed/mastered in a dedicated DAW, so it's only one WAV file landing in PS.

Hope you enjoy !

Vincent.

•  01-11-2021, 4:58 810588 in reply to 810585

Re: Music Video - Lily was here Cover (Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart) made with PSU24

Nicely done! And you have skills!

Thanks for including info on how you did the video. I shared the link in a PS facebook group.

Which DAW did you use to master the sound? How was it recorded?

•  01-11-2021, 5:16 810589 in reply to 810588

Re: Music Video - Lily was here Cover (Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart) made with PSU24

Thanks Tony Embarrassed

Saxophone is my main instrument.

I use Ardour as a DAW. I'm a Linux guy ... I actually have a Windows partition only for Pinnacle Studio Big Smile

Drums (as opposed to what the video would have you believe) and keyboards are recorded as MIDI using an M-Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard

Guitar, Bass and Sax recorded via an Audient iD4 interface

Guitar has a B-Band under saddle transducer

Sax is miked with a Shure SM-57

(I would have included a few screenshots but the forum is again preventing me in this section ... disabled by the administrators it says ...)

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy