Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Problem with VCR conversions - blue screen popping

Last post 10-12-2020, 16:25 by Candive. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-09-2020, 13:51 806496

Problem with VCR conversions - blue screen popping

I have been trying to convert a VCR tape, but when it's playing and recording, every once in a while the video is lost and all that shows for a few seconds is a blue screen. Then the video will pop back up? The whole time the audio continues without any problem. I will stop the conversion and the blue screen will continue to pop up every once in a while, but just for a few seconds. I would think that it might be the quality of the tape, but when it's play and I fast-forward or rewind, the video shows and there is no blue screen, but when it plays is when the video is lost every once in a while.

Why does this happen and what can I do to prevent this from continuing? 

Thanks 

•  10-09-2020, 14:32 806499 in reply to 806496

Re: Problem with VCR conversions - blue screen popping

What converter device are you using ?
  •  10-09-2020, 17:07 806500 in reply to 806499

I've tried two different ones, Dazzle & Roxio - They both do the same.
  •  10-09-2020, 21:29 806502 in reply to 806496

Sean McDonough:

I have been trying to convert a VCR tape, but when it's playing and recording, every once in a while the video is lost and all that shows for a few seconds is a blue screen. Then the video will pop back up? The whole time the audio continues without any problem. I will stop the conversion and the blue screen will continue to pop up every once in a while, but just for a few seconds. I would think that it might be the quality of the tape, but when it's play and I fast-forward or rewind, the video shows and there is no blue screen, but when it plays is when the video is lost every once in a while.

Why does this happen and what can I do to prevent this from continuing? 

Thanks 

Have you tried by using only the VCR and TV to see if you see the same problem. 

•  10-10-2020, 7:47 806508 in reply to 806502

As a generalisation, the capture process is far more sensitive to tape dropout than a TV. Are you seeing any reported dropped frames?
  •  10-10-2020, 13:26 806517 in reply to 806500

Sean McDonough:
    I've tried two different ones, Dazzle & Roxio - They both do the same.

You may want to try CaptureFlux : http://paul.glagla.free.fr/captureflux_en.htm

It may help narrow down if it's a hardware or software issue.

•  10-12-2020, 16:25 806607 in reply to 806496

Sean McDonough:

I would think that it might be the quality of the tape, but when it's play and I fast-forward or rewind, the video shows and there is no blue screen, but when it plays is when the video is lost every once in a while.

An obvious question is, does it happen with another tape? It may be your VCR, any chance of using another one? As a side note, I hate to admit this but I have 4 units collecting dust - I've gotta de-clutter! 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy