Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Import Studio Project from Ver15 to Ver19

Last post 07-30-2020, 6:55 by culpanr. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-24-2020, 11:21 801906

Import Studio Project from Ver15 to Ver19

Hi,

i have to save some old Version 15 Projects to Version 23. Unfortunately i have to take the step over Version 19, because there is no import from 15 to 23 direct.
    If i import the projects in 19 everything works fine, except the voice over. The voice over will imported to "Soundtrack". But only where the color of the clips is
    ocher the audio is ok. The red clips won't work. The information window shows the correct clip on the harddisc, and the Clip on the harddisc is fine. if i re-insert the
    clip, it shows the ocher color and works fine. Is there an easy way to fix this without re-inserting hundred of clips?

•  07-30-2020, 6:00 802038 in reply to 801906

Re:Import Studio Project from Ver15 to Ver19

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Because of the way you tried to add a picture to your post, it has been catched by the forum software and sent to Pending moderation. I had to approve it and edit the HTML content to clean it out.

How to insert an image : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/326384.aspx

•  07-30-2020, 6:30 802040 in reply to 801906

Re: Import Studio Project from Ver15 to Ver19

tschwalm:

Hi,

i have to save some old Version 15 Projects to Version 23. Unfortunately i have to take the step over Version 19, because there is no import from 15 to 23 direct.
    If i import the projects in 19 everything works fine, except the voice over. The voice over will imported to "Soundtrack". But only where the color of the clips is
    ocher the audio is ok. The red clips won't work. The information window shows the correct clip on the harddisc, and the Clip on the harddisc is fine. if i re-insert the
    clip, it shows the ocher color and works fine. Is there an easy way to fix this without re-inserting hundred of clips?

None that I am aware of. Especially if you had an effect on the video. 4 years is a long time in editor advancement. Avid Studio onward is an entirely different program, as you already know. 

•  07-30-2020, 6:55 802041 in reply to 801906

Re: Import Studio Project from Ver15 to Ver19

tschwalm:
    ...I have to save some old Version 15 Projects to Version 23. Unfortunately i have to take the step over Version 19, because there is no import from 15 to 23 direct.

Studio 23 (I am using Ultimate, and updated to the latest version 23.2.1.297) does have the same "Import previous Pinnacle Studio Projects..." feature as is present in Studio 19 (in the "File" menu - see attached image). However, the import and conversion may be no better than was the case when you tried importing that Studio 15 project into Studio 19... In the few projects I have tried importing from Studio 14 or Studio 15, things often needed a bit of tweaking to get the project into a state where it did actually "look the same" as the legacy STudio project.

Something that might be worth a try in case it helps with the import/conversion - in case there's some kind of race-condition with adding clips belonging to that old project to the library at the same time as importing and converting the old project, try quick-importing all of the video and audio files before trying to import the old project, So Studio 23 (or 19) already knows about those files when you try to load the Studio 15 project.

HTH
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy