Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Video Shot at Varying fps - Video and Audio Not in Sync in Studio 15

Last post 06-24-2020, 0:54 by saby. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-23-2020, 18:55 801126

Video Shot at Varying fps - Video and Audio Not in Sync in Studio 15

I am editing HD 1920 x 1080 video that I shot with my video camera, GoPro cameras, and my Samsung S9+ phone.  It is all H.264 video.  However, when I look at some of the video files I shot with my phone (not all of them), they are not all 29.97 fps.  The fps varies from 18.20 to 28.36, depending the video file. I am not sure why my phone varied the fps while I was shooting the video.  Perhaps to adjust for lighting differences?  In any event, when I load those video files on the Studio 15 timeline, the audio and video are out of sync.  Any solutions for this problem within Studio or by using a third party product to get all the video up to 30 fps? 

If I upgrade to a newer version of Studio, will the newer version(s) handle varying fps video and keep the audio in sync?  If so, what is the lowest version that addresses this issue?  I own Studio 20, but am not using it on this project. 

And, any suggestions on how to prevent my phone from changing the fps in the future?  I have Googled it, and I can find no solutions other than to set my phone to UHD 60 fps which I do not believe Studio 15 would handle very well.  

Thanks in advance for your help. 

•  06-24-2020, 0:54 801129 in reply to 801126

Re:Video Shot at Varying fps - Video and Audio Not in Sync in Studio 15

Yes, variable fps is used my cellphone manufacturers to compensate light variations during shooting.

The only solution you have is to transcode thefiles to constant framerate thanks to Handbrake.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy